How to learn about fundamentals

Good afternoon all! I would like to ask the following twofold question: What is the best way to learn, and understand how fundamentals (decisions and events in the real world) affect price? How to cultivate the skill to understand how a certain event or decision of a eg a major bank can affect prices in the future?

And the second part of my question is where can I find the best resources or news outlets to keep updated with the news? What is in your opinion the most reliable source to learn about such things?

Hey isolomos,
Although I am struggling hard to make myself comfortable with this trading world, technical and fundamental analysis do play a major role.
For a value based investor, fundamental insights play a crucial role in placing his/her position. To cultivate the skills regarding fundamentals, try to learn about the basic fundamental terms, which you can easily find over internet or you can join some free online courses regarding this.

In context to your query regarding news, there are number of good and reliable websites that can help you get updated. Some are: marketwatch, reuters, bloomberg, CNBC etc.
Along with this you can subscribe to some brokers’ research reports or to some research agency’s research reports which might be prove to be fruitful.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Yes we have to make some efforts in our trading so that we will know about the market and how the Fundamentals are going to affect them. This will also let us do such trades that have the potential of giving us a good income :slight_smile:

I’m gonna put a shameless plug of my blog right here because it might help you gain a better understanding of how day-to-day news reports play out in the forex market. I personally think it’s a matter of keeping in sync with economic developments and how they affect price action both in the short-run and long-run. Aside from looking at forex calendars, you could also check out my buddy Forex Gump’s blog on more in-depth fundamental analysis and trading guides.

First of all you need to understand the major players in the forex market. You need to know the decision makers. And you need to know what is the relationship between each currency and the events surround the countries that uses them. For example, any news that effects the economics of the United States, will affect the USD and it’s exchange rate with other currencies. If EUR is paired with USD, an effect on the USD will create a negative or positive response from the EUR. So you just need to study, read news events, economic data and so on.

You could look at how past event have influenced price action. Go back a few decades and see what happened. On top of that it is helpful to understand economics as it is a bit more complex once you dig down. You can’t just say if x happens then y will be the outcome.

When it comes to fundamentals(ugh!) start with investopedia and do some reading on macroeconomics(at least one academic book to get the basis).
For the news if you do not have a bloomberg platform. Get yourself well organized twitter acoount(tweetdeck). If you follow the right accounts you should be well up and running in no time.
#TradeSafely

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Who are these analysts?

I will save you time and trouble, get a Bloomberg Terminal, and also watch Bloomberg through the trading day. Problem solved.

Now if I can only figure out why the resident Guru’s, sock puppets and sycophants can’t seem to be able to make money on a YUUUUGE day like today. I truly believe this knowledge would lead me to a cure for the problems of the world.

The Ever Believing In Saving Time And Trouble VIPER

Please adjusted in this case. I followed the fundamental developments through many sources. Especially the moments of events such as inflation and deflation. It is important to note in order to continue trading with the good. For the moment the world is experiencing deflation.

what about social platform discussions on mediums such as whatsapp?

To know about fundamentals you have to see daily news market updates and sites that are good in news about financial market. You have to see market by self too in this way you can decide well . expertise on fundamental news comes with experience daily market watch and deep analysis of international news that can effect forex market.

If you are yet starting to learn trading then my advice is just ignore about fundamentals and concentrate on price action trading. Every thing you need to look for trading is present on the charts.

It is right. Fundamental analysis has close relationship with capability to read economic news and its effect to certain currency which is contained in our pairs. There is no easy way to learn about fundamental analysis because you must learn about condition of certain country and the effect of news to the country. It’s possible to read forecast, actual and previous in calendar news but more than it, you need to predict the market too with effect of news.