Forex Trading Jobs UK

Hi
I’ve been learning to trade forex for a few months now through live and practice accounts and would like get a job to develop my skills further and trade as a career.

Can anyone recommend how and where to get a job on a trading floor in the UK? Are these jobs only available to Oxford graduates? Or is the best way to get a mentor and fund it yourself?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

First and foremost you need to be profitable. Your long-term PnL is what they want to see. Size of account isn’t imperative, but I’m not suggesting you walk in with a 500 usd acct. Education isn’t a large factor, you could’ve dropped out of high school. If you’re a quant and can code, that’s a plus at the right firms. You need to be a versatile and creative problem solver. Well rounded background such as a professional athlete or chess player for example.

All firms want profitable talent and will talk to you if they sense you are prospect. Be weary of buy in firms.

Its safe to assume that if you don’t have any formal education within the business field such as at least 4 year degree your application you may not even be called for an interview. I say may because anything is possible. People who end up on the floor 'Usually" have years of experience.

Education has more of a role in which institutions or firms you want to pursue. The currency arm of a larger institution, a decent education will help an interview. Then program and onto junior on a trading desk.

The route more accessible is the proprietary firm. There are many respectable prop shops.

Thank you for your responses.

Would you advise self education and proof of a profitable account before approaching these firms? Or do prop firms offer trainee roles?

I have no clue. Hopefully someone on the firm who has taken this route will see your thread and provide some assistance with the questions you have. I would suggest doing a Google search on the topic and going from there.