How much did you start with?

How much did you open your account with and how much bigger has your account gotten?

A little boasting is welcome!

When I was feeling ready to take a step in live account, I just put small capital in it (just $10). My mentor recommended it because I have to train my trading psychology more. When my balance got 50% loss, I stopped and back to demo account to see where’s my mistakes.

It’s much safer to start with a more reasonable sum of money…

I recommend $2000 to everyone who asks me. It is easier to manage your risk with more capital.

Depends on your income and available money. It’s different in different countries. For me it was part of my first savings - around 20% of them. Of course I lost all of them :slight_smile: But later on I kept with a similar rule - 5% of my monthly income would go to trading.

I burnt through about 5 accounts, one after the other, all starting with about $1,500 each - however I had a huge gambling mentality back then. Only when I got addicted to creating an edge did I start to see the true potential of trading, and just how much I was limiting this potential with my stupidity! Now the results are great, and I keep a “new” low profile about what I actually do.

Started with five hundred acc, blew out my acc - went and did my research, started with two thousand USD and have never since looked bk

Absolutely agree. The more money you invest - the more serious you take it all.

It is not necessary you will do serious work with more money . Until you had no experience of trading high amount will be a risky one for you .First start with low amount if you are making good performance with it means you can use more money seriously because you understand the nature and way of trading. low experience and practice can harm your money .

I eventually started with £2,000 - having had [I]4 years[/I]’ previous education, experience and supervised practice on demo accounts.

That’s half the answer, where did you took that £2,000 ?

Sorry if I sound churlish, I don’t report income publicly (it can cause hostility and resentment and make people sound “self-promotional” or as if they’re selling something!), but [U]very[/U] gradually I built it up into enough of a fund to be making what most people would call a decent living, now.

It can be done, as you doubtless know, but it takes time, skills, patience, discipline, understanding of statistics and probability, trading education, experience and practice - there are no productive short-cuts.

I think it’s when people try to do it more quickly (typically by trying to “copy” something they imagine/hope just “works” on its own), [I]without[/I] all those things, that they get into trouble.

In my opinion, people very often hugely [B]over[/B]estimate what they can achieve quickly, but they also hugely [B]under[/B]estimate what they can achieve slowly.

It may be half an answer, but its half an answer more than you (or I) have given :slight_smile:

Hi traders!I get started before 3 years with 400€!Today my account is 2000€