Start with one or many

How should I find the right strategy for me to use?

Do I start with one strategy and start refining it along the way, or do I start with many and see which one is more profitable?

Which one should I choose and which one did you choose, why?

I personally think it’s a matter of what you’re comfortable with, your risk preferences, and your lifestyle among many factors. I started out by determining which time frames and pairs I’d like to watch then I experimented with a number of technical indicators (back testing and forward testing) then made risk management adjustments to improve profitability. From there, I stuck to a couple of trade strategies that usually work out for me.

Some would prefer to just use one strategy, but for me, I had opted for multiple strategies after rigorous back testing, testing them out on demos and cent accs before sorting through the lot…good luck

Just follow some of the [B]advice you were offering members[/B] so recently, and you’ll do fine, I’m sure. :wink:

LOL checked that out but that begs the obvious question, why ask if you already have an answer…

Trading from the age of 8. Nice.

Starting from 8, okay… :smiley:

I started so young, even my first words were "Dow Jones Industrial Average ".

The fact just made it stranger, that I am not a native English speaker.

First of all I will recommend you to create your own strategy and test it for at least 6-9 months, than you will know if your strategy is working or not, does it need some adjustments or not or should you drooped it and try something else.

Does that mean that you are agreeing that I should try many strategies at once and see which one is working?

LOL good catch, you really are a good member of this forum with great information about threads.

OK, you need to first understand the default strategy. I admire beginners who take out the time to study the MACD, Movings, Stochastics, and the popular and common indicators. Learn from this thread 301 Moved Permanently

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Hello,
In regard to the number of strategies that one should use, it entirely depends upon your risk appetite, your preferences etc. I started my trading by choosing multiple strategies in my demo account; after back testing my strategies I used them in live account. So go for multiple strategies as out of many few would definitely work.

I hope that helps.