Mac users that use a EA in MT4

I’m in a little bit of a pickle. I have a mac, an iPad and an iPhone. I’m getting ready to dish out some $$ to a coder who will write an EA for a few strategies for me that I’ve been backtesting. First of all I am not going to use a windows computer or put Parallels on my Mac. I’ve done that before when I was a day trader and I’m done with Windows but unfortunately most trading platforms are on Windows. After talking with the nice folks at FXCM (I do mean it they are friendly), They told me I could use an online server to use Trading Station 2 or MT4. Thats fine and all but with the automated trading platforms I would like the ability to turn it on/off while I’m mobile. I believe that there isn’t a way to control the EA using the FXCM app. Does anyone know if the MT4 app allows one to control EA’s? I’m finishing up my requirements for the EA and need to figure out what platform would suit me best.

Thanks

Hi Donkeyjaw,

If you want to be able to turn off the EA that you’re running on a VPS, then what you need is a mobile app that give you VPS access on your phone. You can search for such VPS programs in the App store. Note that these would be third-party VPS companies, so you would need to ask them for support of your VPS. However, this would allow you to access the VPS from your phone and turn off your EAs when mobile.