Why are there so many forex and stock trading gurus

Loads of them.
Making youtube videos, selling books, offering mentoring/training services.
If they are so successful why are they trying to sell their strategy and tips?

Why do so many traders end up teaching trading instead?
Do most just lose money in this and then start become scammers selling their ‘strategy’ to eager noobs?

Is that real lesson of trading? You lose it all because of greed then you make money out of other people’s greed?

The answer lies in the old saying, “Those that can’t, teach”

You only have to look at how many newbies on here are asking for EA’s, trading systems, guru’s/mentors, rather than spending some time learning how to trade for themselves. It used to bug me a lot, but now I think that if they really are that lazy then they probably deserve to get scammed.

who doesnt know how to make money with trading figures out sooner or later how to make money with “selling words”. wherever there are people listeing to others and maybe even paying for their words there will be people who sell “wisdom”.

if you want the truth: the successfull traders dont talk

So all these people are not worth listening to at all?
Is there anyone that is actually worth taking advice from?

read the bible.

no seriously, read the bible, there youll find more usefull things for trading then in forums.

no seriously now really seriously, read the bible.

No: never listen to advices, tips or “insider news”. if you want to do trading, no matter forex or stocks, you have tolearn it by yourself and i can give you one hint: you have to learn ur own psychology, you have to know yourself, way more then you know the market.

Some probably are, but how do you find the good ones?
Study, study, study. Determine your own future. The only shortcut in forex is the shortcut to failure.

It’s quite disheartening. I know some people who have done it successfully and have bought a few houses but they are so full of themselves with the amount of money they make. Then there are so many that lose and become these sad ‘mentors’.

WOW, so I guess all the guys Jack Schwager interviewed in his 4 Market Wizards books are not successful ?

My take is this: the great majority of those making professional videos and/or having flashy websites and flaunting their supposed trading acumen and wealth are worthless. But when you find someone who doesn’t make unsubstantiated claims, doesn’t promise the moon and is willing to show that he’s actually trading, then you have someone probably worth listening to.

Legitimate reasons why they sell education/mentoring: - to counter the BS out there
-to occupy their time with something they love doing (after all, if you’re not a scalper, you’re left with plenty of time during the day)
-to make some extra money

Is trading stocks safer than forex? less volatile and more predictable?

I know some guys on here who do make substantial money from forex trading, maybe myself included. Do you find “us” shouting about it, absolutely not. Do you have to listen to any advice given, absolutely not. However should you perhaps listen to the points being made and decipher the real traders from the wannabes, absolutely.

Is forex your main source of income?

Think about it same as the market works. If there are forces of demand there will be also forces of supply.
Which means there are people who are asking for those services so other people are seen this opportunity of making money with providing those services.

How do you know?
And where can this guy (or any other interested party) see evidence of their substantial earnings & consistently successful track records?

I’ve been a member here for a while now & I haven’t seen them.
But if you’d care to point him in the right direction I’m sure he’d be grateful to satisfy himself that if he chooses to invest his time he’d be nailing his flag to the right mast.

How would he go about deciphering or filtering the real traders from the wannabe’s?
Because you don’t have to dig too deep on here to uncover regular instances of members being conned out of their valuable time by very convincing time wasters masquerading as supposedly successful market operators.

Thing is, if more newbies firmly but politely asked for irrefutable evidence either via legitimate broker statements or independently verified 3rd parties, of these guys claims before investing any of their valuable time & effort, they could quite effortlessly separate the wheat from the chaff, or at the very least decide whether or not to proceed further with a particular member or thread.

Mind you, the pickings would definitely be extremely lean indeed if past experience is anything to go by.

You forget one thing. Nobody owns you anything. :wink:

1 Like

To answer this simply, I’ve seen the evidence by these few named members, of which rarely show there faces around here that often now - they used to be great contributors with real exceptional attention to detail combined with sound knowledge. They still pop around here from time to time, however they arranged a private group chat on an alternative platform, it makes sense really when you’re generating an income and no longer a student, but a professional.

I have no need to name these people, as it is not my intention. If your wondering how did I see this proven evidence of success then the answer is simple - it’s surprising what people show you when you build up a relationship and gain trust in reliable contacts, contacts which are scarce in this industry yet worth holding onto.

Doesn’t help Alderney’s predicament though.

And Darastonius, the term is owe you anything, not own. :wink:

Why all so hush-hush ? Build relations and stuff. Sounds as if you’re not talking about successful traders but drug traffickers.

Short answer - yes.

The reason there are so many gurus is that so very few understand how to trade consistently and profitably. Those of us who do generally disappear from the forums after some time when we realize that it’s mostly wasted time and energy trying to help those who cannot control their emotions or lack the discipline to execute consistently.

Those who fail at trading often instead try to make money off of other fellow amateurs. That should tell you the value of 99.9998% of all guru’s…

If memory serves me right, one or two of those who rarely show their faces anymore used to regularly flood the odd thread with hindsight calls & eventually were challenged to either begin posting up these consistently successful calls ahead or at the precise time of entry, or show evidence for a wee while of their completed deals.

I think you can guess the outcome.

People from the Alternative Technical Templates threads? Basically the only threads I’ve come across where professional traders used to hang out.