Should I start with fundamentals?

Hi everybody

I am completely new to trading and would like to know whether I should be learning fundamental analysis at this stage or whether to just focus on technical analysis?

Many thanks
Richard

Yes, act as if your a weather man for Forex. The key is to never get caught in the rain, ( Liquidity )

Knowing everything about News releases and influence on each currency. They all usually correlate in some fashion.

Also, study the heatmap. A heatmap is again, correlation of the pairs against eachother, showing strength and weakness on a wider range of data.

Its about anaylitics.

Once you know where your going, its easier to go with the flow, Not necessarily the trend,

\

Good Luck

There’s no right way. Whatever you’re in to. There are successful traders doing either or both. I ignore fundies completely and just read the chart.

I agree with petefader,

You have to do what YOU like, or else it will be difficult to follow your trade rules. When you don’t like fundamentals and you have to watch them all the time, it will bore you to death. When you LIKE price action, finding price action patterns will be more fun for you and you are more likely to stick to the plan.

I would say it would be wise to know both. Start with the one you ike most, but don’t start live trading untill you propperly know both.

It is good to start on School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading and try to finish it (90%+ of the beginners lack the discipline to even do that to learn the basics)

Without a real life coach i guess it is easier to start on technicals, but its a matter of personal preference.

Good luck!

You’re going to need a pretty big starting capital to trade fundamentals I think. It’s more for longer term trading.

Totally agree with you, I also trade mainly on pure technical analysis. I love trading solely on charts. News only confuses me so I don’t check them except for a few high impact ones.

To my concern, you should follow everything you can, like Fundamental, Technical, Statistical or Mathematical. Solely any of the head doesn’t work. Fundamentals are need to be followed as they move the market big time, but when there is not much of news technical makes the judgment. Coming to statistical basically followed by long term trades and helps them in hedging their currency. Same goes with mathematical. I don’t really think deepening on just one will work out much.
Like in the gym working out only for biceps won’t build your body. Same way following just one book won’t let you make much of money.
Yeah you might be lucky sometimes but not always.
Happy Trading
Have a nice day!

Try each. Personally, I lean towards technical. Reaction to fundamental news will show itself on the charts anyway.

I am start earn from technical analysis and seems many trader they prefer learn technical analysis than fundamental analysis because more simple to learned, but however fundamental analysis also important and for me usually only reading news update on calendar economy to reading news high impact for day trading

Personally, I would recommend against focusing on one type of analysis only. Usually it’s best to make one’s trading decisions based on both technical and fundamental analysis.

There is no wrong or right way. You should do your research and find out what suits you better, fundamentals or technicals.
Also, you can try with technicals in combination with some fundamentals.

There is a right and wrong way. If you dont trade pure price action, then you must watch fundamentals.

THAT is the only one, or grid trading or flip a coin trading. But at the end of the day, you dont plan a picnic without checking the weather.

What suits him, might be the wrong way. Is he profitable right now? There are variables to this question, yet almost everyone said, it doesnt matter.

Evidently he knows nothing much about Forex yet, so It would NOT hurt to review them, and know what they mean, and how the results interact with prices of currency in general…

After all, fundamental expectations push price up and down, in some way, shape or form…

Thanks everybody, I appreciate all of your input ������

I read this everywhere. Is it really the way to go?

Yes, in my view I always go for fundamental study when I select a stock. A fundamentally weaker stock has all the potential to surge in the future only when it has an progressive management. Technically, the stock can be checked if its a buy or a sell. Fundamentals are the most important aspect of a stock to be selected in order to trade.

As I personally experienced one should not start with fundamentals . He or she should work on technicals first It seems easy to get idea of market movement by indicators or technicals and fundamental trading should be start after some experience.

Is good to know both analyses. Technical analysis will help you understand how the market reacts to high impact news and in a quiet period so you have to learn some basic fundamental analysis.