Prefences on trading style

I want to know some of your preferences on trading styles. Do you guys prefer to trade very small lots that allow upto 100+ pip buffer or do you use slightly larger lots but only with a 50pip buffer?

Maybe you trade a tiny lot size and give yourself a buffer of 300pips. I want to know what your preferences are.

Don’t all reply at once.

Yes, smaller lots and more pips is the way to go. Buffer = ~150 pips.

So with a 150pip buffer you would seek a return of 300+ pips or simply 150pips or maybe just 100pips?

The more risks the more are odds against you. With 1:500 leverage you need to lower risks as much as its possible. That’s why I use 0.05 lots in average and keep positions for several days.

Hey there, I’m going to provide constructive criticism in an effort to help you and other newer members.

1. Spell check everything to the best of your ability. Forum-goers will typically avoid a thread if the subject has a typo in it. You want a serious discussion and to be taken seriously, so pay attention to the details b/c that will go a long way; not only in forums, but (more importantly) in [B][U]trading[/U][/B].
  2. Rather than just asking a very basic question and bumping it less than 24 hours later, provide some thought-provoking commentary on other styles you’ve seen, as well as your own opinions on how you’d like to trade some day.
  3. “I want to…” “I want to…” - Stop wanting and start trying to create conversation organically. We don’t always get what we want in life, or [B][U]trading[/U][/B]. What’s your opinion about the trading styles out there? What do you think about trading w/ a tiny lot size and a 300P buffer? What are you trying to accomplish by posting?

Hope this helps.

As for trading- you need to imagine that there are traders on this forum who range from price action, to supply/demand to algo to zodiac-employed strategies. Just clicking through some of the different threads you can see the array of tactics. What is your preference? Does it change depending on market environment?

Apologies for the typo in the thread title.

As for asking questions, this is a forum. I don’t particularly care for chit chat I just want to hear your preferences on the way you like to trade. Once I have a few replies maybe then I’ll start a discussion about the ways in which they differ.

Thanks.

Hi,

You shouldn’t really care about someone else’s trading style because there are so many trading styles as traders are.
You should find your own trading style by trading what ever you have learned, making mistakes and learning from them.

My favorite trading style is where I push a button at the beginning of the week en collect my profits at the end of the week. Still working on it, but I won’t give up.

:slight_smile:

Hahaha, yes, that’s about the gist of it.

Seriously though, I prefer smaller lot sizes and a bigger buffer.