Your First Trading Experience

So I’m curious how everyones first demo trading experience went.

I’ve finished the School of Pipsology and whilst I thought I was picking things up pretty easily and quick, I somehow feel like I’ve forgotten everything I learnt. Just looking at the trading platform in general confuses me and I literally have no idea what to do. I’m just wondering is this normal for absolute beginners, and how did you manage to get started?

I’ll definitely be revisiting the School of Pipsology however it just feels like I’m back to where I started…:15:

Any feedback will be helpful.

[QUOTE=“Aeniva;747156”]So I’m curious how everyones first demo trading experience went. I’ve finished the School of Pipsology and whilst I thought I was picking things up pretty easily and quick, I somehow feel like I’ve forgotten everything I learnt. Just looking at the trading platform in general confuses me and I literally have no idea what to do. I’m just wondering is this normal for absolute beginners, and how did you manage to get started? I’ll definitely be revisiting the School of Pipsology however it just feels like I’m back to where I started…:15: Any feedback will be helpful.[/QUOTE]

Just crash the car. Figure how to set and close orders. Don’t care. Explore. Be open. You’ll find some things you never knew about yourself.

You will get lost my friend as I did going over the school a few times I’m sure wouldnt be a bad thing as there is always something we missed or didnt drill into our head properly.
As fo the demo ac Do as I did and explore absolutely everything the brokers demo ac has to offer.

You say that you 'have no idea what to do’
This directly shows: you have nothing written on paper. No strategy, no trading plan.
So you indeed missed one of the most inportant sections in the school.
If you fail to plan, you already planned to fail.

Go over this section again: What is a Trading Plan?

Good luck! :23:

Hi,

Not everyone had a demo trading experience. In your case you should definitely go back to school and this time with lot more concentration and hard work. The best way of learning is while you educate your self you can open a small live account and trade with very low risk per trade.

Part of me wants to agree with Rambo as there is nothing quite like going live, however I think you need to practice on demo until you understand how the platform works.
My own first trade, thankfully on demo, I spent ages planning an entry and then clicked Buy instead of Sell! Easily done, and I’m sure I wasn’t the first to do this :slight_smile:

If you’re feeling confused I’d recommend to go back to the School of Pipsology and read it all over again, as well as start practising what you read on a demo account. Don’t try to trade with real money before you feel completely comfortable.

My first trading experience wasn’t good. I got a bonus account of $25 from a broker which I lost all on my very first trade I made.

My experience has been that it is not very hard to win trades at all but for me it has been extremely difficult to understand , lots and units. I am always hitting my takes only to find out that 10000 units = 0.63 ****ing cents after watching exactly what I thought would happen in the market happen. Im at the point today that to be quite honest I feel like my interest in is starting to slip away in fx market simply because of this part. Like I said winning trades not a problem, understanding how much I will make ****ing rocket science. I have been told the same lines time and time again .0001, depends on your leverage this and that never clicks in my head. Its a horrible feeling being able to win trades consistently and never make more than like 3-4 dollars. I have now set my default unit of buying or selling to 10000 to insure I at least make half a dollar in these trades.

Ie this crap right here. I am sorry to have used bad language but I definitely not pleased with my performance in the practice sim so far. Everyday I ahve traded I have hit multiple takes and never made more than 14.00. I mean they day i made 14.00 it was in about 1 hour and 20 minutes but still i successfully closed like 12-14 trades for that 14.00.

You may have to save the file to see it better. It opens pretty large its like 16x something. I just dont get how 15000 units adds up to be only 1 dollar and change in profit when I cannot buy more than 20000 units with 1000 dollars. If you want me to move this post or something I’ll move it but my intent is just to show you why I am personally not having a very good time with my first trades.

:39: not the first one and not the last hehe, I guess it is also part of experience, check twice before pushing the button

Maybe I am included as trader that in lucky in this business because if reading some trader which they losing huge money in forex, but I am first time srart trading only get losing around twenty dollar because margin call account, and although faced many times margin call but only use bonus capital.

My first trading experience was decent, I think. I had a close friend who was teaching me how to trade and was supervising me the whole time, so I was feeling pretty confident at the time that I could turn to them for advice. From an emotional point of view that really helps.