Using IG tradeplatform

Hi,

I am using IG trading system. I wanted tradye something like this:

I wanted to open position/place order when price fall certain value. Instead of sitting around waiting if that number comes up and i have to make bet. Is there anyway that IG trading platform make a order once it reaches my desired value.

Every trading platform has limit orders. These are orders which will trigger once price hits a certain level. Some platforms have additional functionality where you can give these limit orders a specific time limit e.g. if price reaches that level within 24 hours then trigger the order otherwise cancel the order. If that functionality isn’t on the platform you’ll need to be careful as limit orders could stay alive until you physically cancel them - this could result in them being triggered if you forget they’re still there.

So far I am never use IG platform and still comfortable using metatrader because also my broker using this platform, this platform still new in my ear and I don’t understand whether this platform also support using robot or not, but ever I am use plaftrom streamster and also availabe use pending order.