$1000 to $1 million in 14 months Trading Challenge

If you don’t mind, can you give a screenshot of a winning trade and give insights on how you executed the trade. You don’t have to divulge secrets. Just some logic stuff. Hope this isn’t asking too much. :slight_smile:

Absolutely Bro,

Enjoy your vacation!

Thank god this stopped in the end. Back to normal trading, win some, lose some and hope you win more than you lose!

[QUOTE=“richreed2426;767531”]Thank god this stopped in the end. Back to normal trading, win some, lose some and hope you win more than you lose![/QUOTE]

Maybe he made a million and doesn’t have time for forums? Lol

TC, get back on the horse man. I was looking forward to more of a climb here. For the sake of the greater good, can you talk numbers, leverage, and at least discuss some of how you approach?

Jump back in the game and make it happen. Start again with 1k.

[QUOTE=“RC000E;767766”]TC, get back on the horse man. I was looking forward to more of a climb here. For the sake of the greater good, can you talk numbers, leverage, and at least discuss some of how you approach? Jump back in the game and make it happen. Start again with 1k.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you can take up the challenge?

Hi babypipers,

What had been a week break turned into 3 months.

But it was true that I have only taken a week break and started trading again the GBP/USD with my previous balance of 2000 on monday 4/25

I traded for 2 weeks and the results were not good at break even. up and down up and down… etc.

WTF… what happened to my edge?

I stopped trading and started re-evaluating my strategy for the next 3 months. It was 3 months of rigorous backtesting, forward testing with F12 button, Strategy tester testing, and going live forward testing with 0.01 lot.

There were some trading and non-trading mistakes that I had to overcome that many of the traders still keep doing over and
over again like;

entering trades late, trading non-setups, not cutting losses 

AND

taking a trade - at night for sleepless nights

to round up my profits to the nearest whole number

before leaving home

This will be my 2nd attempt in achieving the million. The timeline is still intact but probably will take a little longer due to losses and break I had.

I will use this thread as my trading journal and post some of my winning and losing trades so that I get to review my trades more often.

============================================================================
THE TRADE:

I will be trading GBP/USD in 1 min chart instead of EUR/USD.

Trading hours are from 7am to 12pm (E.S.T)

Daily goal is 30-50+ pips

Trade goal: Get in the trade earlier for maxium profit and smaller losses.

Let the trades begin! Not today… tomorrow 8/1/16

TC,

Well there are such threads that only want to gain some attention of the reader, nothing more. There isn’t any outcome to this thread as well. If such targets are possible then we would have seen many rich traders.

I wondered what happened when you disappeared so long time Blow your account or give it up? Good luck with your second run.

I’m not a pessimistic individual and don’t have 20 years of trading experience but $1m in 14 months with $1000 capital is near enough impossible. Maybe if you had $50,000 capital to start with I could understand, however I wish you luck and will follow your progress. Kindest regards

Trade result for 8/1/2016

Here are couple of my trades I took (pics came out blurry, just look for the red dotted line for entry and exit)

Trade 1

As soon as I entered, it went to my favor for 7 pips but I was looking for bigger move and got out at 8.8 pips. I could of close the 7 pip and re-entered but it could of just went lower. I was hoping for 10+ move but I had to get out

Trade 2

Same, it went into my favor for 6 pips as soon as I got in but waited. Didn’t get the lower move but closed with a 4.2 pips.

And 3rd trade for insignificant 1.3 pips

8/1/16

$2,000 + $143(7.15%) = $2,143

Not a good trading day.

Today was a very slow day for Monday considering it’s a GBP/USD pair. Didn’t get too much trading because it was too slow.

Lessons to consider: On a slow or ranging day, take the profit when it’s presented to you without greed.

TC,

Only 91 days to have a million with 7.15% a day You call that slow ??

Greetings, TC

Yes, I wish I can do it in 91 days! 3 months of hardcore trading and you are right, it’s way too fast. But since I’m not compounding everyday that won’t happen, that will be too risky.

What I meant about slowness was GBPUSD movement on Monday, by the time I woke up til I finished trading, the pip range was only 30 pips, now that is very slow for GBP pairs.

=)

TC,

Trade results for 8/2/2016

Trade 1,2, and 3

Trade 1 +2.1 pips
Trade 2 +10.1 pips
Trade 3 +9.6 pips

Trade 4, 5

Trade 4 - Really a bad entry shorting at the lows. My rule told me to get out after a few candles at -0.5 to - 1 pip but I didn’t want a loss ended up swallowing - 15.4 pips

Trade 5 - Came right back with +20.7 pips. The entry was crap buying at the highs but overall trend was up so waited for the trade to go on it’s way.

Trade 6

Last trade before heading out with 4.7 pips

8/2/16

$2,143 + $333.70(15.57%) = $2476.70

Overall gain 23.84%

There were some trades that I should of definately took but I was afraid to take it and that’s what live trading is, missing the big ones and taking the small ones.

Taking a loss for -15.4 pips was a good move. Although it hurts but saved from becoming -40 or more

Lessons to consider: Get out of the trade when the rules are telling me to get out

Consider taking trades only with the overall trend to avoid a potential loss

TC

Trade results for 8/3/2016

I have made 13 trades today. 10 winners and 3 losers.

I will post some of the trades that were significant.

Trade 1

Wow talk about starting out the day with a wrong foot. Overall trend indicated to me was short but took long. Did not exited at +3pips at the 200EMA and settled with -23.9 pips.

Lessons to consider: When there is a strong down trend indication, better to WAIT for a set up with the down trend no matter how much it goes up first.

Trade 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6

So after the first loss, I felt hopeless but I can’t give it up now!. I waited for an hour to let the market to come down and with the first sign of momentum to the upside, I scalped it like crazy for next 5 trades for +22.3 pips in total (+6.6, +8.2, +2.5, +4.2, +0.8)

Trade 7, 8, 9, 10

Trade 7 - Another loss of -13 pips going long. I had entered the trade too late and should of let it go and also bad entry buying at the top.

Entered next 3 trades (trade 8, 9, 10) (+10.5, +4.4, +2.4) with +17.3 pips ending the day with positive.
Lessons to consider: If you have entered the trade too late where it’s against overall trend, forget it!

8/3/16

$2,476.70 + $23.30(0.94%) = $2,500 (perfect!)

Overall gain of 25%

Today’s market was in sideways motion in 60 min chart. Looking at the higher time frame helps but also confuses in triggering the trade. But there were plenty of opportunities shown in the 1 min chart that I can trade. If it weren’t for the 2 lousy trades, I would have had $400 gain or about 16% for the day but we make mistakes and it’s very important how to manage to get out of the trade.

TC

New to the site and this thread, but just following, keep on, Tc!!

Welcome Trader Jon!

Trade results for 8/4/2016

Trade 1,2,3

Started off with -9.3 pips again but took the next 2 trades for +9.9 pips (4.4 and 5.5) to get to a plus

Trade 4

Ok, for this trade, it just took forever to get it going. What really pissed me off is when it came down positive for three times at +6, +7, and +8, I waited out for more but it kept going back up every time. Then the 4th time came down with +10 pips and decided to take profit but I as soon as I did that, it went down another 9 pips…

I don’t know, maybe it’s just one of those trading things… How did I know precisely to get out of that trade for me to see it goes even farther? Or when I have waited for an entry, decided to get it and that is the precise place for lows for short and tops for buy… perfect! A genius? Or as soon as I decided I’ve had enough and close a losing trade, it turns around in my favor the moment I close it getting the maximum loss I can get… perfect timing. How did I!!!

Lessons to consider: Just learn to live with it?

8/4/16

$2,500 + $141(5.64%) = $2,641

Overall gain of 32.05%

This week so far hasn’t been too good. I’m just left with a scrap to trade in the U.S session after having European session getting all the moves and constantly feeling unsure whether market is going to continue with breakout or reverse.

TC

I think an excellent result so far

I calculated the average compounded profit but couldn’t post it by a new browser update that was not working

The second day it was 11.28% and 59 days to target
day 3 7.72% and 84 days
last 7.19% and 90 days

I wonder what your average is going to be but the good start now will give you an big advantage.

Do you use the same indicators? It is hard to see but did you add a BB?

Yes of course, MACD, Stochastic, EMA’s and BB. BB has been in the chart from the beginning.

I’d like to have good daily average returns but I need to stop making those silly, dumb mistakes.

TC