Type of trader

What is the best trader sclap, day trading , swing trading , or position trader:35:

The best type is the type which best suits your own personality, circumstances, trading system, etc.
Work your way thru the school here and you will have a much better idea what suits you when you’ve completed it

It’s not legal to judge any trade only based on their trading style! But I think, which traders are able to make consistent money from this financial market all of they are good trader! But if you ask me, which trading style is the best choice for me; they my answer would ‘scalping’. Because, this is the trading style where I can use small SL levels quite comfortably!

I regard daytrading as the hardest form of trading, you would have to be a really sharp-eyed and decisive trader to make a consistent profit from this. Its like starting in Formula 1 the day after you get your licence. Have a look at threads that deal with the greatest dangers to traders and the greatest errors traders can make - they all apply very heavily to daytraders.

Scalping’s even harder.

Hi, zuchiang. Honestly I think that there is no universal trading style that could work for everyone. It all depends on the trader’s strategy, his/her goals, experience, etc.
Yes, day trading is not easy but the same can be said for scalping, swing trading and all the other styles. Every trader needs to develop a plan that works for him, so my advice is to try to explore all kinds of trading styles so you can combine your experience and eventually find the style that works best for you.

The best trader is the profitable trader. The trading style doesn’t matter, as long as it works for the individual trader and helps them make said profit.

My take would be, as a beginning trader you should stay away from scalping. It’s the hardest discipline to master, yet it’s often the one beginning traders are attracted to. Fast and easy money, they think.
Swing trading is a lovely thing. It teaches one of the virtues of trading…Patience. And at the same time it prevents you from one of the big beginner mistakes…Forcing trades.
Your account balance will thank you for it.

swing trading.

Swing is ok but you need biiiiiig stops and have to wait days for any results. I like day tradng best. The win rate might be lower but you get more trades. Position trading is BS IMOP

Trading is a waiting game, its good to wait longer to get good rewards. Large stops aren’t a problem, you can adjust the lot size to accommodate your money management.

It all depends on your type of person. I am a day trader and it suits me perfectly not because it is better than every other trades. It serves the purpose for which I chose it.

Personally, I’d say that you should never choose a trading approach based on what others do and do not say. The trading approach should choose you, ironically.

Most of the traders on this forum and other FX forums are not professionals. By professional I mean to say that trading does not form their primary income - this is of course no surprise. The problem with this is that day trading is out of the question; at least ‘day-trading’ in its true context. Day trading can not be carried out while having a separate full time career elsewhere.

We all have to start somewhere, my point which I’m trying to get across is that when we are starting out we can only choose to trade when we are able to trade and when we have time outside of our day-to-day salaried job. Therefore, your free time outside of your current career is what should dictate the trading style of which you can work with - ultimately you have no choice in the matter.

One big ‘no no’ which I would suggest is that of trying to combine trading with your day-to-day full time job. Regardless of your profession being office based or a more physically active position. Trading is a distraction, especially while learning as you don’t want to miss anything which might provide you with knowledge. However, since trading is not your primary income at this point in time it makes absolutely no sense to draw attention away from your career; a career which is allowing you to live and probably allowed you to enter trading in the first instance?