How much time do you spend on your screens?

If you are a long term trader then you don’t need to sit many hours in front of your screen…I believe the most important is to make a good analysis…

Also if you use higher time frames for your trading decisions then few minutes/an hour a day is enough. Not much can (usually) change on a daily or weekly time frame.

I can tell you a bit about what to expect on the long if you stay too many hours in front of your monitor.
Well, though I’m a newbie too on Forex, I do spend 9 to 14 hours per working day, 5 days per week in front of my 2 24 inch screens. I do this for work and I’ve been doing it for the last 6 years at least (sometimes in weekends too).

Take 5 to 10 minutes breaks from time to time.
Any doctor will recommend you to take 5 to 10 minutes breaks at least one at each 2 hours. Ideally, at each 50 minutes you should take a 5 to 10 minutes break to stand up, walk, stretch, etc.

The bigger the screen, the smaller are the headaches at the end of the day.
No joking, using a bigger screen reduces the effort you put into focusing and reading.

If you use multiple screens, use the same resolution on all of them.
Why, well, focusing different resolutions each and every time you move your eyes from one screen to another will require additional effort and you’ll get tired easier.

Buy a good chair!
You’ll get more and more back aches if you don’t.

Don’t forget your real life that exists beyond your screens.
Again I’m not joking, you’ll be very surprised what effect has sitting all day in front of a screen on the long run. You’ll get further and further away from reality become more and more antisocial and you’re going to build your own world that has very few things in common with the reality.

Frankly, I’m trying to learn to trade to reduce the time I spend in front of my monitors.
I’m exercising day and swing trading because of that, and because I don’t want to quit my job just yet.

I agree, it can be pretty difficult to juggle between Forex trading and your basic daily responsibilities if you’re staring at the screen all day. Which is why it’s so important to find a good strategy that allows you a bit more free time.

since i only make a couple trades a week, so i dont spend that much time infront of the screen, im pretty sure scalpers do hours infornt of a screen, but i cant avoid having the app open to check on my trades even have some notifications regarding major economic events or posts just incase, forex trading is a life style we get addicted to

The amount of time that we have to spend will also depend on the type of trading that we are doing. If the trades are on a short time period then the time required will usually be less.

We must limit ourselves in front of the monitor to lessen the risk of harmful effect of the radiation.

I have just read some great feedback from all you guys and girls regarding my question. I guess as I develop I will find my neiche whatever it is. Its great to get feedback from the more experienced traders and newbies like myself.
babypips is awsome!
Thank you all and have a great trading week!

That’s really the best you can do - figure out what works for you and then go from there. Trying to emulate other people whose circumstances are different from yours is not practical.

Sorry John, but thats just wrong.
If your trades are short time period, you will need to watch them possibly the whole time they are open. Then you will be on screen looking for your next trade. If you trade long time period, you can enter your trade, set up your tp and sl, then walk away.

Yes - as Eddie mentions just above, this [I]isn’t[/I] so at all.

I would say, if anything, that the correlation is much more the direct [U]opposite[/U] of that: if traders (like myself) are on a short time-frame, the amount of time typically required will actually be [B]more[/B], whereas people with only very limited time available for trading are certainly better off trading from slower time-frames.

Is it possible to spent only 20 minutes per week? Before few days, I received a call from a Forex trader company and they asked me to make a registration on their site. I told them that I’m too busy at the moment and I have no time. Then they said that I need only 20 minutes per week and their experts will help me. Sounds really stupid…

Depending on how active the market is and the time-frame I am trading on I watch the charts between 3 and 5 hours a day, sometimes less, sometimes more.

Thats way too extreme, unless you have a fantastic EA doing the trading for you. Care to name the broker, would love to know who they are so others here can be made aware

Or maybe depends on the trader on how long he can stay in front of the screen. But still limit yourself so you can still rest and think of new plans and strategy for effective trading.

Are you a full time trader?

Depending on how active the market is and the time-frame I am trading on I watch the charts between 3 and 5 hours a day, sometimes less, sometimes more.

only 15 mins a day, i trade position so it’s easy

We have to learn about the use of the different Time frames in our trading and that will let us know which trade is good and how we would be able to benefit from that trade in the coming times…

I am non stop 7:30am in morning till 9:30pm at night i love it
sometimes earlier 4am i live and breath it no children no girlfriend just trading
I even dream about it.

I play xbox one call of duty all day and trade forex.

I have plenty of girls dont get me wrong just no girlfriend