FXCM margin hikes prior to Brexit vote

FXCM will increase required margin on GBP pairs and EUR pairs
at the close of trading on Friday June 10, and at the close of trading on Friday June 17,
ahead of the Thursday June 23 “Brexit” vote in the U.K.

Finance Magnates ARTICLE

My advice…

I feel like the big players are already positioned for this. The time to make adjustments to your portfolio (in terms of making a direct trade on the outcome) is long-gone. Cut your losses or book your profits on any GBP-denominated pair and wait until the dust settles.

CMC and Ig markets doing the same.

going to copy paste email of cmc. ig is the same numbers so no use to paste both emails

Geänderte Marginanforderungen für Ihr CMC Markets Handelskonto Sehr geehrter Herr Kvesic,

im Vorfeld der Abstimmung zum Verbleib Großbritanniens in der EU (Brexit) am Donnerstag, den 23. Juni 2016 werden sich die Marginanforderungen für einige Produkte vorübergehend ändern. 					 					 						Indizes 						

Diese Änderungen gelten ab Handelsbeginn am Montag, den 13. Juni 2016.

* 									Ebene 								 								 									* 									1 									2 									3 									4 								 								 									Germany 30 									1% 									2% 									4% 									8% 								 								 									Euro 50 									1% 									2% 									4% 									8% 								 								 									UK 100 									1% 									2% 									4% 									8% 								 								 									Netherlands 25 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Europe 600 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									France 40 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Germany Mid 50 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Germany Tech 30 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Italy 40 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Poland 20 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Spain 35 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Belgium 20 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Sweden 30 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 								 									Norway 25 									1,50% 									3% 									6% 									12% 								 							 						 						 						 					 					 						Währungspaare (Forex) 						

Diese Änderungen gelten ab Handelsbeginn am Sonntag, den 12. Juni 2016.*

* 									Ebene 								 								 									* 									1

Dukascopy Reduces Leverage on GBP Pairs Amid Brexit Volatility Expectations

Admiral Markets Announces Changes in Trading Terms Ahead of Brexit Vote

FXCM Temporarily Hikes Margin Requirements for White Label Clients

Many brokers will arrange the offered leverage/margin for GBP pairs or even Gold for these 2 weeks to come. Due to the referendum in Britain and because they do not want to experience issues they had in the past - like the CHF case - volatility, price gaps and liquidity issues will appear for sure. With spreads widening and low leverage many trading accounts will be ‘off’, since leverage/margin changes will also affect already opened trading positions. It would be interesting to see the GBP pairs trading for this time period. If any of you is about to trade GBP, better to have some extra funds ready for ‘refilling’.

Updated list of brokers that have reduced leverage
(increased margin requirements)
ahead of next week’s Brexit referendum in the U.K.

(posted 6/16/16 by [I]Finance Magnates[/I])

here are the detailed raises for those who are interested in the numbers. not much is changing. in this pictures FXCM

the biggest changes are in the ftse and GBP pairs

After EUR/CHF FXCM learned their lesson it seems…

while my other brokers are keeping it on the increase of 10th june FXCM is increasing its margin requirements a second time. this time bigger increases then before.

ger30 x 8.875
us30 x 2
gold x 6
oil x 2
gbp pairs x 6

etc. etc.

i conclude that FXCM is the single broker with the highest margun requirements at the moment.

Can’t allow to get burned twice.

definately

Indeed. They came out with a statement that their performance is stable after Brexit thanks to raising their margin requirements and that they are also keeping the margin requirements up for the time being. That was a few days ago however, are they still up? Or did they return them back to normal?