What is the best pair to scalp?

If we are planning to do our trades using the Scalping systems we have to make sure that such trades will always have the risks that are usually associated with doing scalping trades …

I am scalping GBPJPY these days, at from 09:00-11:00 and 15:00-18:00 GMT.
It seems to work quite well. Aiming 10 pips in average, with 50 mini lots. No stop loss. Best is 40-50 pips every now and then.
When it goes against me it goes at the most 40 pips in the worst case, but as I don’t use stop loss it comes back on after 15 minutes or so. My win:loss ratio 13:1, and average win is 17 pips, which is pretty good for an amateur like myself. More than that, I am having fun.
Good luck.

It’s [U]very[/U] good, but it’s not “scalping”. It’s not even [I][U]close[/U][/I] to scalping - as you’ll see if you actually read the thread. :wink:

If im not mistaken this is the best time to scalp the overlapping of euro and Us session 2am - 4am EST and 8am - 12pm EST what time is this in Manila,Philippines? how do you convert this?

Trade without stop loss, you very dare in addition as I know gbpjpy has larger spread than major pair, maybe you start with huge capital isn’t, often I am hear many trader scalping they prefer trade on gbpusd and also eurusd with low spread

Scalping is the best method due to which we can get the immediate result, I does like scalping and for scalping EUR/USD is the best currency pair, I am performing my trading with currency pair and enjoying.

For scalping we need such pairs that move very fast. For starters EJ is good for scalping but if you are an expert in scalping then GJ, GA and GN are also good but they have some high spreads.

I am also a scalper and getting good result with these currency pair, these are good pairs for scalping.

I think EURUSD is okay cause it’s not very much volatile in comparison to some other pairs, and also very easy to predict! I prefer to work with this pair personally.

EURUSD and GBPUSD are my most preferred pairs for scalping ,USDJPY as well but should be scalped with caution.

[I]Best pair to scalp is [B]GBP/JPY[/B][/I]. The only reason is their volatility against US dollar. And there is no certain time for scalping. Forex market is open for 24 hours. You can open and close even 20 positions in 10-15 seconds. Scalping gives better results during news. [I]So we can consider that time for some moment[/I].

No, news time is too risky, write a disclaimer for newbies, cause they will blow their accounts in seconds. I trade for not so long time live, but already had problems with that

Even so, for fairly obvious reasons, scalpers often limit their trading to the RTH of the currencies concerned in the trade.

Maybe you can. I can’t. And neither can at least 99% of this forum’s members. Not without the appropriate software for HFT and an ultra-fast connection to your broker. I don’t know where you’re getting your “information” from, Andrea, but this type of trading isn’t really done with counterparty market-maker brokers at all - and none would tolerate it, if the customer were profitable with it, anyway. You seem to be confusing (at least) two different things, here.

As explained just above, for many of us that would be the most important time to [U]avoid[/U].

Sorry if I’m “whining” but some of the “information” available being posted to this forum at the moment really is beyond ridiculous. It’s hard to decide whether to try to correct it, or just “give it up as a bad job”. :rolleyes:

Although scalping is short term trading, but some broker also having certain rules for trading scalping, some broker might don’t allow scalping, and might there are broker that having rules if open and closed order less than five minute hence profit might canceled

EUR/USD is a pair that can be traded in any method you want. So in my opinion its the best to scalp as well, especially in the London New york market overlap time.

When you scalping you are on the look for the best or most liquid pairs not the so volatile pairs ,GBPJPY may not be so good of a choice for scalping .

Why is it not the best? this pair is quite volatile - isn’t it good for scalping?

It’s certainly one I’d avoid, myself. It’s good for “sudden, jerky, little reversals” as well - [I]exactly[/I] the kind of movement-patterns I’d want to keep well away from, if trying to scalp.

In my view gbpjpy is very volatile pair and usually cross pair has higher spread if compared with major pair, and for scalping this is dangerous if trader using big lot size because target only small pips, still safe if scalping os usdjpy I think

This is also perfectly true, actually: the spread on GBP/JPY more or less excludes it from consideration for scalping, anyway.

Any suggestion of this pair for scalping is based only a misunderstanding of what “scalping” is (which is explained in post #19 on page 2 of this thread - among others).