InnerCircleTraders

How many have watched and utilized ICT to assist in their trading journey?

• How many have become profitably consistent after watching all of the videos?

• Dedicate their success to ICT

• Use ICT in other assets classes aside from Forex such as Futures?

• What do you think it was that changed your trading to become successful after finding ICT

Any success stories will be greatly appreciated. Any positive comments will be great. I just found ICT and would like to hear positive thoughts and experiences. Unless you went through the videos and put in the time and did not gain anything from it, that’s fine to add, too.

But please no negative comments from those who are just haters and never spent a minute on ICT training. Not necessary and that’s what this thread is about.

I have no affiliation with ICT just something I ran across to recently and would appreciate real life advice. I don’t see how it can not be beneficial from just the few videos I’ve seen so far.

Thank you in advance!

Please keep it positive!

I devoted several days of my life to watching ICT videos and it took me longer than it should have to be 100% sure that the real reason he spends so much time on minutia, imaginary drama, and stressing that he has to give information out slowly is that he has very little information to give. Then when you start catching him slipping into past tense when talking about trades he’s supposed to be trading live it sort of cement things.

There is nothing in ANY of ICT’s material that you cannot find in the babypips school faster, easier, and without the conspiracy theory nonsense.

I think I heard something the other day about how he’s gone incognito again supposedly just before releasing a new series of videos and left fans with the impression “big money” is trying to silence him before he can… how anyone can see that sort of nonsense go on and not realize he’s putting on a bit of Pro-wrestling caliber theater for the fans is beyond me… fakery from start to finish from ICT.

You’re inviting only positive reviews?

Please excuse my observing that it’s terribly difficult to learn anything from information if you set out by selecting/inviting only one sub-group of the available information. Indeed, it’s quite difficult to envisage how one could avoid being misled, this way?

You want restaurant reviews only from the people who had a great dinner, and are expressly asking anyone who walked out in disgust or got food-poisoning not to comment.

You’ve already decided, on the basis of promotional information, and want to hear only from people who agree with you, it seems - even if they’re a small minority. I wish you good luck. You’re going to need it.

So you’ve only just found the loony tune & you’re new to the forum, yet already you’re on the defensive??
Yeah right, pull the other one LOL

This place is much more clued up these days boyo & a whole lot less tolerant of his ridiculous fanboys attempting to whip up your usual nonsense…you’re obviously not the brightest bulb in the pack otherwise you’d be asking this question & posting this rubbish on his dedicated fan base over at fx gears.

Wassup? not enough success stories to salivate over on his rigorously controlled twatter feed. How comes you’re not engaging with all his “trading glitterati” on there? LOL

Go on, on your bike back to all his other wives.

Well, ICT is back it seems, posted on the twitter thismorning, something about seal-team6 dropped him off, LOL, all bruised and tathered, lol…

If noone knows, another Forex Guru named Reza was supposed to have his first seminar in Canada a few months ago, and got kidnapped and beat, Bently stolen, and was found 10 hours later in a ditch.

Now, they say he set it up, and some say, he had it coming, because he did steal millions from folks.

*shruggs, Who knows…

ANyways, I do follow ICT. I am doing better now, not mainly because of ICT, but because he trains you to look at the bigger picture, and be more in-tune with the price action.

So, for a month, Ive been using things he taught. And he is right in alot of cases. He is based on purely the manipulation side of the table. How the Money Makers make the money, how they set up novice traders,…

There are certain times you should be in the action, mainly the average of all liquidity movement over history.

He calls these kill zones.

I personally enjoy the breakers, and orderblocks, as they are pretty much on the money if you know how to spot them.

Now, anyone can make money in Forex, because you really only have 2 choices in which to make, Buy or sell.

The hard part is the directional bias, and how far it could possibly go, and turn, or consolidate, or reach for liquidity pools to get traders in the market, just to jam them up, and take their money on retraces or accumulation and distribution.

Whats the max the price could move? I now know those things. Everyday, certain things happen, at certain times, and mostly they are repetitive in nature.

I dont care if the dude is full of hot air, If he goes nuts once in a while, its Forex, this sht isnt easy, and it can get to ya when your trying to crack the code.

At the end of the day, What he mainly does is keep you more intune of the action, be vigilant at certain times of the day, Look for areas the Money Makers will reach for to pull in traders for better pricing, and levels to look at for price runs and bounces.

Him being wrong, and hiding it, or disappearing has no bearing on my assumptions. This month I seen trades he didnt, and I went against some of his thinking and was right when I did. For Him personally, he has a problem with excepting losses somethings I guess. Heck, I do too. But, its him, thats ICT.

But he also doesnt give signals, alot is in hindsight, but it still aligns with alot of his teachings.

I use some of this things, not entirely.

Im really diggin the correlation approach, and using ICTs orderblocks and Breaker blocks as entries points, and central banking range, as a target range, Thru the deviation standpoints of the range.

I actually did better this week with him MIA., A few times, he would post something, and it would make me, go, Hummmm, then it throws me off, and then Im prayin for 6 hours.

So, like I said, Im selective with some of his teachings, and use some of my own tactics to get my pips.

His stuff is difficlut to learn, and if your not intune with him, Youll struggle.

There is no way of knowing if your doing his things right, but by doing them, and finding a result. You cant just tweet him a chart pick and say, " yo Michael, does this look right"? Am I doing this right? He wont tell you yes or no, so you have to find out yourself thru trail and error on the charts.

Certain days, His stuff works backwards too. But its free, some are eye opening, some arnt. You can always head over to trade empowerment crew and make that 6% a year. WHile forking over $196 a month for 8 pips a day, while watching all the better trades float away while looking for patterns to form, which ultimately is late because they need great moves to form, lol… I dont understand that whole pattern thing, I think its nonsense to be honest. I think they have like 4-5 master traders over there all selling the same pitch, “swipe right, share the feed”

Go check out Rezza. ____ wrote a nice paragraph, but deleted, dont want sued for slander<< “im not starting till I have 1000 viewers”, ***hits hooka"

All I know is, I got what I need to make my goals, Im on my way, and some of ICTs stuff helped me tremendously, and some wrenched my thinking.

So, with all that crap said, *Shruggs, its just trading, dont make it hard, know your levels, dont trade in the middle of them, and most of all, Mind the USDX.

1 Like

Wow, an ICT trader who isn’t open minded enough to accept any opinions that contradict his own, where have I seen this mentality before? Oh, I remember, in every ICT thread ive ever read on any forum.

Not trying to rehash this again with you but the “kill zones” and stuff about how the weekly highs/lows are mondays/fridays etc. may point out the obvious to some… sometimes things stare me in the face while I sit there and drool too… but there is nothing profound or insightful about those things. All they mean is that there are peak trading times each day and that trending markets trend… nothing more, you knew this before ICT. I was already formulating a trading strategy based on the volume increase after NY open in my first couple months, GREEN as I was… I still didn’t need ICT to tell me it’s busier at predictable times of day.

Whack jobs like him attract a typical character trait. It’s the same circus choose whichever latest guru rocks up on a forum. Forex factory is chock full of them, as is EliteTrader. T2Win occasionally attracts them, but fortunately they purge them quite quickly. Babypips has endured its fair share over the past few years & the outcome is always the same…utter chaos & mayhem!

They begin bedding themselves in flooding the thread with their ridiculously flowery verbiage, lies & nonsense claims which they know appeals to the susceptibly gullible & impressionable. In fact you’d be surprised at how many long standing members who you’d assume would know better get caught up in their nets :wink:

Little do folks realise these guru numpties have simply pulled basic, freely available information from forums & articles on the net, cobbled them together & rehashed them. They then proceed to disguise the simple terminology behind an avalanche of comical terms such as those Huddlestone bandies around & pretends they make money out of on a regular basis. Some members even dedicate a seperate thread deciphering & diarising their crud back into understandable (& the original) terminology LOL.

This one however has made a mini career out of duping folks into investing their valuable time by concocting whole reams of comedy videos dedicated to over complicating basic babypips school lessons.

Some of these ego’s require an awful lot of feeding & there’s a plentiful supply of bait roaming around these places to fill their belly’s.

Hi.
If you’re really looking for feedback from traders with experience of ICT, [B]why have you started this thread in Newbie Island? [/B]
No need to reply to this, I think we all know the reason

Yeah Wheeels, thats what I basically said also. Its just a highly liquid period of averages thru the entire history, or, sense-able periods of “volume”…

I personally think ADX is the best for “Volume” rushes, but thats just me.

I dont use indicators anymore, but block breaks or " Support and Resistance" breaks are clear indicators.

I try to buy into or sell into these areas, which is really standard forex practice in the long run, and again, like you say. ANd I do agree with that, and thats what Im tryin to do.

My situation is clearly different, Im trying to make 25% a day. Stupid to some, maybe not to others.

Its a risk I take, and I paid for it, but Ive practiced it from day one. Im not all in anymore, so thats good. I trade like having a 2-shooter pistol.

If your going to risk it, then freakin risk it. You made that choice when you made the deposit. You already told yourself, " I could lose it all". Time is money, and why not take advantage of your leverage, " Bankroll", when you trade.? You know why??? Because people became custom to large stoplosses. The Ol safty net for bad trades.

Reduction of Downdraw is the name of the game. The bigger the downdraw per trade, the wronger, ( Is that even a word), you are.

All Im saying is, ICTs stuff keeps me on the right side of the tracks. And also gives me areas on the chart that I could see turns, which in my nut case agenda, is to grab pips, and compound the sht out of every trade.

Hi Speed, just a wild guess, maybe you haven’t been over in gears in a while :slight_smile:

Just from those who spent the time learning ICT. Watching the videos, etc. Not just haters who never invested a second into it.

Apparently there are that many cobwebs over there you could be forgiven for assuming you’d stumbled onto the set of the Munsters. Appears there’s only you, the owner & the odd vagrant or two inhabiting it these days. Loud echo’s seem to be the order of the day.

Stick to your dbphoenix studies over on T2W buddy, he just about shades it when comparing alongside the loony tune.

At least db’s credibility & character remains intact, he hasn’t been exposed as either a sockpuppet or a compulsive liar & doesn’t inflict childish tantrums & meltdowns on his viewers every 5 minutes.

Like I said, try posting your questions over on his twatter feed.
You’ll be guaranteed a receptive audience on there & be showered by an outpouring of excitable mouth frothing glee & utter devotion.

Unfortunately they won’t be able to substantiate or verify their apparent success, but at least you can join in with his other fanboys by blowing smoke up his & each other’s asses.

Are you saying following DBPHOENIX is a better choice?

I apologize to those if I came across as I was looking for only positive reviews. I just didn’t want this thread to attract haters who are here to do just that.

If you took time and studied ict and found no benefit from it, that’s great to share too.

I’d love to hear both sides of the story. Negative or positive. But from those who have experience with it. That’s all.

Watching a few ICT videos. I don’t see how they can not be beneficial to Forex Traders? Has a lot of valuable information in each video in detail. What’s the issue with what he teaches?

It’s free, at that. Some many question personality differences but I’m not looking to date the guy. Just learn the things he has to share. I personally never sent any tweets or anything but ran across his videos and some ICT students videos and they seem to be doing very well.

If that’s the case & you think it’s manna from heaven why are you asking for validation?
Just get on with it.
Have you posed the same questions of dbp’s work?

You’ll find out just how free it really is if other poor saps are anything to go by.
You’re not going to receive a welcoming embrace on here for the reasons already stated.
You’ll be much better placed taking your enquiries to his last known venue (fx gears) if you want an accurate reflection of the questions you’re posing.

He’s not exactly Mr Popular on here for very good reason.
And your true intentions for trying to start yet another pointless numpty thread will be eyed with extreme suspicion. Expect a very bumpy & uncomfortable ride.

We hear this pretty regularly from ICT true believers, as if that washes away all other possible shortcomings.

Sure it is… as long as you’re trading only in a demo account, you’re someone who’s capable of evaluating your demo results without rose colored glasses (rare), and your time is completely worthless to you, then ICT advice is 100% free. If any, or more likely all, of those things are untrue then time devoted to ICT is extremely costly.

I’ll explain the con to you guys as simply as I can.

You CANNOT succeed in this biz by being a follower… of ANYONE.

ICT actively encourages you to follow him… to worship him even…

so you can see how his priority is his own Ego, and NOT your success.

Lol, I know what you mean, they told me at the home that it is ok to talk to myself, but typing to myself is apparently not the norm.

Think I’ll have a rest now :slight_smile: