How to Trade Forex with $100

Hi

How to Trade with $ 100 without losing Money ?

[QUOTE=“dilankandy70;770987”]Hi How to Trade with $ 100 without losing Money ?[/QUOTE] Put in local bank for yearly interest rate and save your self from huge investment loss , forex is high risky

1 Like

Exactly the same way as trading with $1,000 or $10,000 or $100,000 without losing money: an educational process appropriately selected to suit your own existing learning-skills, which lasts a long time, and then thousands of hours of screen-time for experience, further learning and practice, the eventual, gradual development of a method suitable to your own skills and availability that has a genuine edge (positive net expectation) which you yourself have verified by backtesting and trial forward-trading, appropriate position-sizing, and an understanding of and familiarity with all the practical pitfalls and traps for the unwary, so that you can avoid all of them.

Here are the five main hurdles to clear.

Stumbling at one or (usually) more of those five hurdles probably accounts for about 99% of all “aspiring trader failure”.

Good luck!

…but what do you hope to get out of it?

If you earned 20% in a year, for example, which would be a good result, you would have $120 instead of $100… That is a lot of work per hour, less than minimum wage… Better to save a stack of money and trade with more

I know because I trade with a small account and the growth on it has zero.impact on my quality of life, so the reward for all.my time invested is very small…

How to trade with 100 dollars should be the same as trading with 1000 dollars or more as discussed by the above messages.

I would however add that 100 dollars isnt a bad equity to start with, people tend to frown upon hearing so but saving up to a 1000 dollars or more and losing it all because you lack the experience and time tested tradingplan is going to hurt a lot more plus its going to affect you mentally(resulting in you giving up).
To be honest i think its a better challenge to build up that 100 to lets say a thousand dollars, exactly because it takes so much of youre time and focus.
Meaning that by the time youre up a thousand you can call yourself a definite profitable trader, and you have “earned” youre rights to trade the bigger accountsize/lotsizes.

Remember trading has a learningcurve thats gonna take you a good 2 to 3 years to actually become profitable(in most cases though).
So why trade with so much money right off the bat if youre (statisticly saying)going to lose it all. If you lost that after saving so long and hard for it are you really going to do it again? (Be honest with yourself now)
If you lose the 100 just start again, until you dont anymore;)

Backtesting and papertrading are valuable things, but there is no substitute to real trading.
At first youre going to have days where youre going to be more freely than other days with yours lotsize,risk etc.
Better to have a 100 dollars on youre account then, then youre life savings of say 10000.
The strict seriousness and devotion to youre managementrules has to be learned also, its not going to be there from the start.

Happy tradin mate

I really hatting kind of to see these threads 100 to million or 50 to million in one year or … Be realistic and go for it try , people coming to these investment side must be wiling to give to market and trying unless is just a question for fun then will getting funny answers I dont know i find it weird or maybe its just me

you can start trading with a 100. yes.
you can make gains with a 100. yes.

but you can not expect to “not loose”.

starting with a 100 is gambling not trading if you want to have decent results. with extreme high risk exposure you can turn a 100 in 10.000 within 1 month but that has nothing to do with “trading”. it is gambling where you bet with a high risk/reward ration 10 times in a row and you have to bet 10 times correct. so pure gambling. and you need a lot of experience and know what youre doing to do so.

in beginning of 2016 i started a “play account” with 130$ and made it to 13.000 in 3 weeks and the last trade threw me back to 4000 and out of balance, when the account went back to 100 i stopped.

pure gambling. no trading. thats what my experience is.

Hey,
And thats exactly what it is, a personal experience.
Im sorry mate but i do not agree here with the whole “its better to blow a 1000 then a 100 dollars” mental drive people have.

He is still just starting out, so why on earth would you put so much money on the line in the start.
You know what its like with youre first account, you lose a little and you think its gonna turn around you win some and then you lose some more but you keep on going.
Why? Well my friend its because youre new to the game, with no idea about where youre max drawdown lies.
All you know and heard are tales about the magical rainbows with the pot of gold on the very tip of its ass.
Thats all that drives you when starting out, hopes and dreams of get rich quick schemes.
So with that in mind everybody slowly but surely burns through their first account. (Myself definitly included).

Now if youre serious about trading you should feel just the same about 100 dollars as you would any other number, if you took the time to learn and set up a tradingplan its sucks just as hard when burnin through one or even three accounts cough(but it does save you 700 dollars! Aint that somethin, and still learned the same lessons) and no i myself at least traded nothing bigger than 1 microlot per trade when trading under a 1000.(in my second and third account at least) if someone does its all on him, and thats just wild westin imo you could save up a million and still blow it makes no difference.

Pure gambling is not knowing what youre doing, and not trading by a strict set of rules.
It has no correlation to youre accountsize.

youre taking into your equation only numbers.
forgot about psychology?
forgot about motivation?
forgot about greed and fear?
forgot about time factor? or you think youre going to live 1000 years?

im not going to argue with you. whatever you say, youre right and i agree with you 100%.

Well thats exactly my point mate, as i put in my posts its not about the numbers;)
I like a good discussion but im not a bad guy haha.

Im not trying to disprove anything you said either, but you wouldnt feel those things on youre first try if it were only a 100 dollars?
I personally have to break my back a full day on the job to make a 100 ( euros in my case).
All i am saying is that those factors come into play no matter what, its not that youre quiting youre dayjob right of the bat and have to support a young family right?

First you learn, you fall and get back up again.
Meanwhile youre saving up for when youre able to make a consistent return then and only then should you load up youre account imo.

So its okay to take youre time learning, a year or 2 or even 3 isnt a lifetime;)

Rlt wishin you all happy trading, grtz

Troible is, not a lot of people make it in two, three, or even ten years… If you want to be a medical doctor, for example, you need to study and train for at least ten years, invest a huge amount of money, and accept that it is not a quick process…There are lots of obstacles to accessing a medical career, and indeed time, money, and the hundreds of exams are there right from the start…If you were training to be a trader you would want to fund it properly first, including sourcing appropriate training…The problem is that retail brokers have made it so easy to open a trading account that literally anyone, even with no training and inadequate capitalisation, can get trading and feel ‘like a trader’…

If you wanted to have a career in trading you should consider saving money first, and spend money on serious training… The reason why futures contracts are not accessible to anyone with less than about 25,000 units is because trading should be taken seriously, and I doubt that anyone would want to trade 25,000 units (i.e. Pounds, Dollars, etc.) with no training, no mentoring, no experience…

Trading accounts are big business for retail brokers, and that is why they make them so accessible, and will even throw some free money in your starter account to encourage you… It is not illegal, or immoral, but it certainly feeds a lot of unrealistic expectations…

So go right ahead and trade with $100, but set your expectations accordingly…otherwise you will end up gambling, like Turbonero said, and lose everything…

Hey,

Agreed, totally and unconditionally.
Except the part about the $100(yeah i know i can be stubborn,my girlfriend says so all the time:p), so you would say that opening a small live account and trading microlots is not proper advice to give to someone who is only just starting his forex journey?

Thats the story i take from the topicstarter at least, not yet a trader but aspiring to become one in the end.

Interesting points raised by you all! :slight_smile:

Of course, the literal answer is that you cannot. But I think the real issue here is a psychological problem. I think it is ok to “play” with a 100 account as a live alternative to a demo account while learning the very basics, but I don’t think it is feasible to expect to start with a 100 and build up to a decent sized account in a reasonable period of time and without losing along the way.

But the problem here is that the worry right from the start is about losing and not gaining. With that mentality trading with a 100 dollars is going to be so constrained with the usual “mistakes” of too tight stops, cutting profits short, delayed entries, chasing markets, premature close-outs and so on, that it will not have the flexibility to succeed consistently.

There is no room for a trade to breathe if the capital is so little and fear of losses so prominent in one’s mind.

with 100 USD you cant do anything much, i recommend you to open micro or nano account, that d help u with risk management as well. สอน forex

Manxx is right…

Trading with very little money means that even a few mistakes may cost you the entire.account (even with very small positions), leaving your trades very little room to breathe…

There is nothing wrong with getting a micro account and trading 1k positions…this is what I have been doing for the last couple of years… But think this: is it not human nature to.want to grow one’s means? If you were to.choose earning something like $20 on your account each year from trading, would that not frustrate you beyond one or two years? And what if you could not get funds together to.open a larger account: would you be able to stop yourself from leveraging up your positions, to shorten your journey, potentially blowing up your account?

As Manxx said, it is okay to ‘play’ with a $100 account, but I speak from.experience when I say that earning less than $100 per year from your trading, after all the time.invested in it, is NOT a good return of investment, and you would be better just letting that money be put to.work.for you in a savings account at a bank…

my words Francis and Manxx. or at least very close to it. i just became bored of explaining things to people who are not interested in listening. i rather say “youre right” and let them gain hurtful experience on their own skin then on advice. simply becaude i know people only learn when they get hurt but not when they get told.

after all, who am i that i must protect someone elses money? on top of all work people have i dont think anyone should upload other peoples worries on their mind.

babypips showed me something i always knew deep in my thinking about stocks but never paid too mich attention to it:

its a 1 on 1 fight.
for every seller must be a buyer
for every winner must be at least 1 looser
its a competitive game where you can only wim when someone else is loosing.
its my job to take tje money of my oponent before he takes it off of me, so why should i stubbornly explain things to my opponent and make him more competitive towards me and especially; why should i force my opponent to learn?

makes no sense.

they get teached by their brokers and they get teached wrong so they all loose money. and thats the only pure nature of the game; to take someone elses money.

SMH, You guys look it it like, The more you have the better you trade, when its all about the pip. Amount means nothing. If you cant trade, you;ll lose it anyways.

Risk isnt bigger because you have more in your account, risk is more when you dont know what the hell your doing from the start.

$100 isnt nothing, bankroll wise, but if Your trading with $10000000, or $100, its still the same targets, the same losses the same PIP,…

You dont lose the $100 by trading wildly, you lose it by trading unknowingly.

Risk is no different, the Pip your after is no different, they only thing different is the mindset looking at a bigger number.

You double the $100, like youd double the $10,000.

NOTHING SHOULD CHANGE VIA STRATEGY PERTAINING TO BANKROLL SIZE, YOU SIMPLY GET SCARED, AND SHORTCHANGE YOUR LOGIC, THEN FAIL BECAUSE YOUR PROGRAMED RISK BY NUMBERS.

I have to start with so little, because Im freakin super poor. Some have no choice to throw $10,000 and its not needed if you can take your time, relax and focus. All of 3 I cant do, lol…

:17:

$100 – Enter trade, Lose, $98 or 2%

$10,000-- Enter Trade, Lose, $9,800 or 2%

Both lost same percentage, if you entered the same trade, with the above balance.

IT JUST DOESNT MATTER, lol…

2% is 2%, It doesnt change with added 00000000000 at the end!!

A Pip is a Pip, It doesnt change either.

Man, I wish i had $10,000 or even $1000 to trade with,

You cant focus on the amount, You focus on that Pip, because that pip is what pays us, not the added zeros on your account.

You dont " Play " with $100, you trade like you would forever, change nothing, same everything, make it mind mechanics, then its allll the same.

If you cant do it with $1, you cant do it with $10,000.

It takes the same amount of pips to DOUBLE that said amount.

Thank you all you guys

Exactly what i was talking about moneyNVRsleeps,
Thank you for that. Maybe you explained it a little more clearer then i did.

But there will always be people who spew garbage from their high horse, dont even take the time to read someones post properly. But jump to conclusions, stamping their feet and screaming ah you cant do this or that with only this amount of money.

The butthurt comment did make me laugh tho. But i wasnt going to grace it with a reply.

I seriously don’t understand what your talking about. For me, is plain simple.

If you invest 100usd.
If in your trading plan you only wish to risk 1% per trade that is , 1usd per trade we are talking about. Hence, by using babypips’s position calculator. Pips from sl to entry is related to how much percentage one wants to risk and in turn the lot sizing.

Now

If 10000 usd invested
1% risk that is 100usd.

Basically if you want to earn living by spot fx(trading) have enough capital to risk sensibly. Nonetheless. If one is just trying out, there is no harm in investing 100usd. So long your risk per trade does not blow up to 30% +.