Brexit trades

Hi there, have anyone enjoyed the moves on brexit day? If any of You was bold enough to trade during this time probably have gathered a lot of pips. Please share Your great scores.
Cheers.

I’ve sold the retracement yesterday on GBP/USD, made around 120 pips, but my position size was way lower than usual to compensate for increased volatility, so that wasn’t a big winner. I was hoping to make more, but 1.36 appeared to be to supportive. Therefore the risk reward ratio was poor at around 0.35. Definitely not the trade to be proud of.

Yes you are right but the main disadvantage of trading was the decrease in the leverage that the Brokers offered on that day. That just means that if the leverage reduced by 5 times the amount of risks and thus the profits that could have been made also get reduced by 5 times.

From an average trading at just 1$ a pip you could have made 120$ but how much you made is not clear to me :58:

Ive entered the trade on usd/jpy. Bought on 102.000 hope my assumptions are right. Anyone have ideas for if the usd/jpy, will it reach 112.00? Thats my assumption. Am I completly wrong?

usd/jpy has a lot of downward pressure, I wouldn’t be buying it especially for longer term

In general I agree, but after such a massive drop it’s normal to see some retracement to the upside before it continues falling.

I was hoping for full recovery. Still might happen after a month or so. But already got stopped out :confused:

That might happen eventually, but it will probably take quite a while. The sideways consolidation will likely continue at least for the next few days.