Swing high, swing low example

I can’t believe I have to ask a such noobish question, but can somebody help me to identify the most recent swing high on this amazingly drawn chart? Is it A or B? I think it’s A, but just want to be sure.

1 Like

A and B are both swing highs. The most recent swing high is B.

This POST might help you to understand the various types of swing highs and swing lows.

Clint loves to turn yes into no and no into yes.

A and B are not confirmed, The low confirms the high. So in this example, your swing high is above A. Once a new low is in place, you can call A your swing high.

1 Like

Depends on your trading timeframe - not the chart timeframe, but what type of position you’re looking to take. Near, Med, Long term.

It’s all about perspective and what price ends up doing.

Put it this way, if I was short from the top left, I’d be looking to take profit on a rally to B, and be completely out of the position @ A.

If I was looking to get long @ current prices, I’d get long right now w/ a stop under the lows, targeting B first, then A.

All depending on price action, but, that’s the general idea.

It’s B, Mom.

Time effectively flows from left to right, on a chart, so when you’re looking back for the “most recent” occurrence of something on a chart, you start from where the price is now and work backwards, from right to left. B is the first one you get to, so that’s the most recent one, by definition.

Honestly, it’s as simple as that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im with CAmike on this,

I actually dont even pay attention to these levels. My levels are priced in and I use for S/R that are predetermined at 1am, est each day.

In this pic, I illustrated what caMike talked about…

Here is what I was meaning about my levels I use, and no, sorry, I cant give away my formula.

But here is what it looks like. The thin blue lines are my levels and they are 99% accu

Yesterday,

depends on the people, sometime traders use zigzag indicators to identify swing. If not you need to set up some kind of logic behind how to count the swing. สอน forex

Unless we are able to make use of the Zigzag trading Indicators we have to remain careful and not trade the swings in the fast moving markets :wink: