Where to put Trailing stop please help

Hello, pls tell me where to put the Trailing stop in better way
my goal is 80 pips and my stop loss is at 35 pips
should i use TS to 20 pip or 30 pip
thank you very much

Its not possible to give you s definitive answer.
You may wish, for various reasons, to place at 20 pips but…
Does this fit with your MM?
Is this above/below support/resistance?
How volatile is the pair you’re trading?
Are there any news events due soon?

Adding to the list of questions already mentioned:

What is your trading approach (trend following, ranging)?
What’s your time frame?

The answer depends on a huge range of question, some of which Eddie and John have asked, just above.

But your question itself is based on a premise which (although it can occasionally be correct) is [I]usually[/I] a mistaken one, i.e. that trailing stops are an appropriate method of trade-closure for your methods/system.

My own opinion is that in general, for most systems, [I][U]most[/U][/I] of the time, they lose money. I have several different reasons for believing this …

(i) When I tested my own five little systems, only one of them gained from a trailing stop: the others all lost;

(ii) In other forums, when I’ve occasionally made this comment, I’ve always had some “Good heavens - you’re right!” comments from people who have methodically backtested it for the first time and realised that they were more profitable without the trailing stop;

(iii) [B][U]All[/U][/B] the authors whose textbooks I really respect and whose opinions have proven right and beneficial to me in other areas seem fairly opposed to trailing stops. Authors like Linda Bradford Raschke explain in their books in more detail than I can, in a forum-post, why they’re such a bad idea, overall.

They always look and sound attractive and appealing, but it’s very easy to lose count of the times a trade starts off doing well and then retraces a bit (just enough to take out the trailing stop, which has of course moved during the initial phase of the trade), before continuing on its merry way in the “right direction”. So the times that trailing stops cost money tend to be “opportunity cost” money, i.e. you make less than you might have done, i.e. they’re profitable trades anyway (often) which is why one doesn’t always “notice” as much as one would if one were looking at actual losses.

I’m not, myself, willing to use automated trailing stops in the absence of [B]really[/B] clear-cut, statistically valid proof that they’re better than other methods.

Put stop loss where you not expect price to reach base on your trading decisions. Market is really logic, just need time to understand