Currency pair chart display

Pls I want someone to clarify me on this issue,we are being taught that price increase based on buying pressure(buying prrssure) and price decreases based on selling pressure(supply) .so therefore my question goes like this based on currency pair and its chart display . If you observe caerefully on what they above statement implies it means that when something is being in demand price goes up and when something is in supply (say currency) it will go down. Pls here comes my question 1

»»» Does it mean that in a currency pair, say EUR/USD being shown in a chart , say japanese candlestick chart is showing the UP and DOWN price of a particular currency in EUR/USD. Because when you talk about demand and supply it means you are reffering to a particular thing? Pls clarify me on this

»»» And if so which of the currency in the currency pair is being shownbon the chart. The base currency or the counter currency)

to your first question. yes and no. when people here talk about suply and demand they usually reffer to a tactic which is supposed to find a adequate price. in terms of forecasting if price goes up or down turning etc.

search for “suply and demand trading” in this forum there are several threads about it.

to your second question: both are beeing shown compared to each other. so simply said: both currencies are beeing shown.

You said both are being shown in the chart how could it be possible please illustrate sir
@TURBOnero

simplified example:

lets say it says EUR/USD = 2.00

that means for 1 euro you get 2 dolars.
turned around it meand for 1 dollar you get 0.5 euros.

so it illustrates the price of both compared to each other.

in reality (not simplified) it is like this right now:

EUR/USD =1.1
means for 1 euro you get 1.1 dollar
for 1 dollar you get 0.91 euro.

that means: 1 dollar is worth 0.91 euros.
turned around it means: 1 euro is worth 1.1 dollars

therefore it shows the worth of both currencies (compared to each other) and it makes it unnecesarry to have a quote which would be like “USD/EUR” because its the same thing.

Me I know that comparison , is it not for example. If the japanese candlestick of EUR/USD PAIR is green and going up it shows the base currency is rising in value and if it is ted and going down it shows the counter currency is rising in value. Me I know that it is related but I want to confirm to know which of the currency in the pair is being displayed because me I think it is the base currency but I want to confirm it

2)Because if you say both why then does the candlestick turn green when moving up and we say there are buyers in the market and when candlestick shine red and is moving down we say sellers are in the market pls clearify me

Pls I need replies to clarify myself on this issue

If the price of EurUsd is rising this means that, relative to each other, traders are buying Eur and selling Usd.
Both currencies are shown as you have chosen to observe this pair.
This is all described in better detail at the free school on here

Thankyou for the reply it shows that for a speculator you suppose to trade liquid pair inorder to gain profit . Thankyou very much

This is generally true, because in practice the more liquid and widely traded a pair is, the lower your overall dealing costs are going to be. Market realities predicate that spread sizes are roughly in inverse proportion to liquidity.

Try not to think of it as “buyers/sellers in the market”. That’s not quite right, really. Coming back to your bricks analogy from yesterday (in another thread), if I have 100,000 bricks for sale at 8 units each, and 100 people want to buy 100 bricks each, that’s still going to leave me with 90,000 unsold bricks even after all the customers have been sold to, [I]in spite of the fact that there are 100 times as many buyers as there are sellers[/I], so I might still have to reduce the price.

Every tick that represents a transaction, whether it moves the market price or not, has one buyer and one seller.

These are among the reasons why “supply” and “demand” are inappropriate concepts for the forex market.

It’s more helpful and realistic to think of it in terms of “buying pressure and selling pressure”. :wink:

It’s more helpful and realistic to think of it in terms of “buying pressure and selling pressure”. ;)[/QUOTE]

Based on the above statement can you please throw more weight to what that buying and selling pressure using say EUR/USD as example

Lets stick with bricks analogies.
Euro is blue bricks, Usd is red bricks.
You have 50, 000 of each colour in stock. The latest fashion is to build with blue bricks, no one wants red bricks.
Because customer demand for blue is high, you can increase your prices.
Because customer demand for red is low, you need to reduce prices to try and encourage buyers

So, on Eurusd…
Euro economy is in great shape, ecb raises rates, so traders think Euro will go up
US economy is a mess, Trump elected, threatens trade sanctions etc, traders think Dollar will fall