How many percent you can make for the investment on forex?

I am new to the forex market. How many percentage you are expecting regular guys for the investment on forex per alum?

Regards

i make about 10% give or take a month. but i also am trading a higher risk system, if you can make 25%to 50% a year your doing alright.

I really don’t think anyone can assign a specific percentage return in order to define what is “alright”

This is really a personal thing and up to the individual trader to define. If you’re making 10% a month then you’re doing phenomanally well no doubt, but if someone else is not comfortable taking the risk you are taking then it’s no longer a useful benchmark for that person.

If someone makes 15% a year instead, while taking conservative risks, is that not OK? To some maybe, to others maybe not. Who knows. But if it fits with what you expect and fits with the risk you are comfortable taking without losing sleep, then i would suggest that it is great!

Tom Basso, one of the legendary traders of our time, and interviewed in Market Wizards, achieves an average of about 20% a year. It is not stellar compared to some of the other traders interviewed making 40-50% a year, but he is very comfortable with the return and achives it with less risk than others while still beating the performance of the average hedge fund

The only performance benchmark that should be set is a personal one.

10 15% in a yr?..im sorry i know i may sound a little crazy but i made 12% in a demo account in 1.5 days…my first 1.5 days ever in forex. but then i again i had lots of margin to ride on. i was planning to open a live account next week with $1500 and attempt to make 200 a day with a few pips here and there…im goingto be using forex.com, mini account 200:1 leverage…please dont tell me its not possible(i dont want to be shot down). i strictly go with the trends. long and short. thanks

I’m something of a newbie as well and I’ve been making some small trades on EUR/USD with my demo account over the past couple of days. I’m treating it as £500 as that is the amount I am considering investing should my system prove to be viable after a few months of demo trading, in the past day I have made £80 profit and still have a couple of open positions so I’m expecting a return on my investment of between 10 and 20% today.

However I am attributing this to a bit of beginners luck as the eur/usd seems to be ranging at the moment and I’ve been making plays from Bollinger bands and stochastic to play the top and bottoms of the range with tight take profits and tighter stop losses, I’ve made 8 trades today and have lost 2 for small amounts (never risking more than 2% of the account) and I have found it quite surprising that I have made so much.

Though I won’t be jumping in the deep end until I’ve got 500+ trades under my belt and I can see how the numbers work out over a longer run, I’d love to think it’s so easy to turn a 20% profit a day but somehow I doubt this will keep up. I need to have a good losing streak to see how that impacts my account and what could happen if I don’t get off to a flying start with my real money.

i depends on the capital
if i have 100K$ as a capital then 10% is very good percentage to get every month

Thats the underlying fact, the other factors, account balance, money management etc comes into the scene after that personal encounter .Actually they would shape your decisions wisely.

In reality it can be 3% - 5%, theoretically you can say 10% and in your imagination, its limitless :wink:

depending on you account, its its a small account then doubling it is not that tough with the right trading strategies, but that means higher risks, with larger account it take longer but in forex trading its possible to make any amount. I can make 50-100 with 500 usd, if done right! but i set my mind to accpet any positive out come even if its cents, its still better than a lose.

I had $500 account for trading I made 10% to 15% of my investment every week . I do not claim high profits . Remain easy with my small targets that give me no tension . I am contented with this profit. I must say that is good than loosing in trading.

Frankly, I don’t go for any specific monthly target! Because, it creates extra mental pressure in my trading! In addition, I am very flexible in my live trading! My trading job is very simple, just analyzing Forex market, and when I get suitable trading point then I use this opportunity in order to my own strength of capital! But around the month I get enough money from this financial market!

You are right we can not find exact target as we made in mind or had a plan for trading. Our profit percentage ratio can be more or lass than our expectations. I frankly say I am making profit from forex . Some times much loss is there for me but I have to bear it , hoping for good future.

IMO it also depends on how serious you are looking on the trading. Do you trade in your free time to eventually get some extra cash every month or is it your full time job. And here comes the tricky part. If you depend only on your profits from trading, you probably gonna need a higher % ratio per month/year and you also cannot afford many (big) losses. The more you have invested the lower percentage return will be enough for a solid profit. However, with an account of around 10k you probably will be hoping for at least 10% profit per month or even more, which is not impossible I guess but for sure will take a lot of hard work…like everything in live.