Charting Softwares for Testing Trading Systems?

Hi guys :slight_smile: I’m really new to forex. I haven’t tried real live trading yet… I’m kinda scared that i might just blow up my account without even knwoing what’s going on…so, I hope to be as prepared as possible XD I’ve only started School of Pipsology last month, but I think I’m kinda progressing bit by bit for now. I’ve somewhat kinda planned my forex journey based on what the FX-Men taught us :slight_smile: My forex journey consists of 4 stages:

1. Finish School of Pipsology
  2. Use Charting Softwares to Test Trading Systems (I got this from Junior Year - Design Your Trading System in 6 Steps)
  3. Demo Account
  4. Live Account

I also plan on reading some financial/forex books and watching video tutorials here and there as well… So, anywys, i was wondering, do you guys know any charting software that’s good for testing our trading systems? (for free hehe). Are charting softwares downloadable or can we just view it online? Could you guys recommend me some? Btw, on the other note, do u guys have any ideas to add to my forex journey stages? Any help/insights/opinions would be very appreciated. Thank you guys sooo much (^.^)/

Generally downloadable.

“For free” imposes quite some limitations.

NinjaTrader can be very useful, and is available free (with demo accounts).

MetaTrader4 is the one to avoid, in my opinion (some people disagree, I know).

What I always found most useful was software called “ForexTester2” but it costs about $200 now, I think. For me, it was worth every penny.

Try cTrader/cAlgo by Spotware is a relatively new trading platform, but in my opinion it’s probably the best application on the market right now.