MT4 Volume/risk percentage calculations

Hi,

I’m currently trying to just work through certain ways to calculate certain volumes etc and I thought it might be quicker to find simpler methods by using the brains trust here at babypips! I’m using MT4 and I have traded with other platforms in the past but I’m trying to grasp MT4’s volume and how to calculate against say a 1% risk position?

I currently am using a demo with 50/1 leverage through IC markets and am based in Australia.

I have an account balance of $10,000 AUD

I have just used the position calculator and come up with 1320900 units now I want to factor in my leverage or should this be factored in earlier? and then transfer this to volume on MT4

I know this isn’t that hard but i’m just missing a few things. I would really appreciate any help or pointing in the correct direction.

Thanks again

So i’ve been playing around a little more,

I calculate 1 pip of say EUR/USD to be 1.317 AUD when doing a micro order is it then the up to me to establish my 1% risk which still being $10,000 AUD is = $100 AUD.

I know my Stop Loss is 36 pips
36x1.317=47.4120 AUD (about half of my $100 AUD risk, so could essentially double it to 2x micro’s 0.20)

This is abit of mucking around and i’m sure better systems will come to me but this from what I can tell gets me where i need to be?

Thanks