MACD settings

Hi,

I’m just playing around with MACD on MT4 atm trying to work out which settings for this indicator seem to be most useful. Currently using 12,26,9 which is standard. Anyone been through this process and what did you find to be a useful combination? and what other indicators such as RSI are a good combo?

Thanks in advance

This may help/interest you (and includes some comments about settings).

thanks for that. I agree with a lot of that and of late i’m not sure if I think the MACD is fitting into my trading system, that in fairness is only different ideas atm as I’m just trading demo. I was mainly looking at S/R, trends obviously, using 55 SMA and 21 SMA and then using MACD and RSI which I think is just complicating the matter to a point.

Thanks again

Regan15 if you are at the begining of you forex journey like me might I suggest that few if any indicators is definatly more as I have learnt from many of the experienced traders in here.
I am still attatched to a few moving averages as they can help me with timing my entries and exits. one ribon setup in particular a very simple method that you can try to add into your trading system if it fits and suits your style.
Have a search for it here a very well written PDF has also been uploaded produced by a member here Manxx.
If you can fit it into your trading sytem you might find that it helps you with your timing

dont use macd

[QUOTE=“daboss;781657”]Regan15 if you are at the begining of you forex journey like me might I suggest that few if any indicators is definatly more as I have learnt from many of the experienced traders in here. I am still attatched to a few moving averages as they can help me with timing my entries and exits. one ribon setup in particular a very simple method that you can try to add into your trading system if it fits and suits your style. Have a search for it here a very well written PDF has also been uploaded produced by a member here Manxx. If you can fit it into your trading sytem you might find that it helps you with your timing[/QUOTE]

I haven’t had much luck searching. I’m reasonably new to baby pips so maybe I’m not searching correctly!? Yeah I have room as I don’t think macd is for me! I like the theory of keeping it simple! Spend more time on the important things rather than trying to do to much!

Cheers