If you could describe in one sentence what makes a successful trader

One sentence is all I’m looking for, even if you are tempted to type a paragraph lol just one sentence per post is what I was hoping for from some people who are currently trading or have experience trading. No newbs need respond, perhaps if you’re doing a demo you can play too I suppose if you want :23:

So, what would make someone a successful trader? Let’s pretend you are responding to people with no experience with trading anything. Just a keen intellect, a brimming level of energy, and an appetite to do whatever it takes to learn the fundamentals even to the point of studying for a decade without the slightest greed to make a penny. I mean if one just had a sincere desire to learn how to feasibly make any amount of money with Forex for no other reason than having the technical knowledge that could be applied if desired, although I am sure one must rely on practical knowledge gained through actual trading just as much if not more than what one learns before stepping foot into a demo. No greed or lust for capital involved. Sorry if this makes no sense to you.

It just seems like people who come into trading stocks or whatever out of pure greed and a desire to get out of a living that may feel like chains to them don’t really have the mind of a Master trader, or perhaps we need to reevaluate our definition of Master trader or FX ninja, are greed and intelligence enough? Or does it take more than an IQ and intellect to trade like a wizard?

What if wisdom and character were just as important as a genius glowing intellect?

Sorry this post is bat**** crazy haha :stuck_out_tongue: Kind of trying to get 5 posts in before my intro…

I’m wondering why you want to do it that way round: it seems to me that most people (who plan on offering an “intro”) do so first, so I’m wondering why the “5 posts” are particularly relevant to you? :33:

I was honestly hoping to post images and videos in the intro totally unnecessary haha I’m just going to run off into another forum section now and hide while I work my way through nursery school…

Fair enough - and welcome to the forum, anyway. :slight_smile:

I’m not aware of any prohibition on posting videos or images in intro posts. (They’re terribly unusual, though. I’ve seen some people do that kind of thing with an obvious commercial, political or religious agenda, and you can doubtless appreciate that that kind of thing isn’t calculated to be too warmly received in a trading forum! :wink: )

I wrote my “one sentence”, but it runs to 1,500 words, so I don’t think you would like it.

Someone who understands the herd so well he left it

1 Like

A very old, but nevertheless kind of interesting question on a quiet Sunday morning! I think the OP pretty much answered it within the question itself:

Putting it another way:

“Dedication, commitment and passion for trading combined with the brain power to analyse, understand and develop both when things go right and go wrong.”

That’s my 5c’s worth! :smiley: