Why am I doing so well?

I know this might not be a question asked often, but why am I doing so well with my trading? One would think this sort of question can’t be asked, but I’m starting to become skeptical about my own ability. In the last 3 days, I have won every single. I’m not “brand” new to this but I’ve been on/off for about a year.

I began a new strategy in which I treat myself as a machine. The only three indicators I’m working with are MAs. Maybe it’s beginner’s luck? Maybe all my profits will come crashing down in due time (on demo account).

Does anyone have any experience with this sort of situation? I don’t want to get ahead of myself here!

3 days? Try to keep that pace for 3 months straight

Great advice! So, 3 months? How long would you recommend I keep trading the way I do to ensure that it maximizes profitability. 6 months?

There really isn’t a hard rule, but with 6 to 12 months of practice, you’re bound to see all kinds of environments to develop your trading and risk management processes through. If you have your processes set and it’s doing well, try with a small live account to add the psychological aspect and see where it goes from there. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Ohh thats sounds good that you are doing well, we are reverse happening to me right now I’m losing in demo but before I’ve earn/loss.I’m trading over a month now. Whats your strategy so you can help to other fellow traders to profit money too. ;):18:

Because you’re using a moving average combination in a market that’s happened to trend really nicely over the three days you’ve been doing it? :wink:

Markets tend to do that, about 15% - 20% of the time.

It’s the other 80% - 85% of the time, and distinguishing clearly between the two different “modes”, that are usually the problem.

Apologies if I sound negative - that’s not my intention, just “realistic” or “cautious”. :8:

But well done, so far, anyway. :cool:

Keep it up. You’ll need to build a long track record before making any firm conclusions, though.

Hope for better but be ready for worst. Never trade without SL and increase risk without proper consideration (I mean don’t trade with higher lot or higher leverage without revising your trading system)
Good luck.

Three days is a very short period to draw any kind of conclusion about one’s own trading. I would recommend keeping a detailed journal for six months to a year and then draw your conclusions.

Youre off to a good start, well done. Dont look for problems or try and fix something that aint broke, that time will come believe me.
A discretionary system in conjunction with moving averages is a winning strategy imho, so keep it up. Its the emotional aspect that gets severely tested when you hit a few losses.