About Platform

Hey Traders,
I just want to ask what is a good platform to use MT4 or ForexTrader Pro??

I’ve never seen “ForexTrader Pro” so I can’t help with “comparative analysis/comments”.

I think it’s a really good idea, though, to look at alternatives to MT4. I think MT4 is clunky, unreliable, unpleasant, badly designed and made, and I know it displays some indicators incorrectly. I don’t know anyone who trades for a living, who would dream of using it. (Perhaps there are some - I just don’t know them.)

Personally I like NinjaTrader, but it’s more complicated than MT4, as well as a lot more sophisticated.

I’d advise you to [I]avoid[/I] MetaTrader if you can, for all the reasons explained in this post.

Thanks lexys, MT4 is an easy platform to use.Now I’m trying to use the ForexTrader Pro this is difficult to use but maybe just now cause I’m learning the platform. Okay I will check out this NinjaTrader, thats the platform that you are using for living?

I use NT7 … but I’m not trading spot forex. It may be unnecessarily complicated for your own purposes. My primary intention in posting was to express an “anti-MT4” perspective, rather than a specifically “pro-NT” one. (It just happened that the post in which I’d said most about MT4, to which I wanted to link, also discussed NT7).

For many years I used “FxTrade” successfully. It’s incredibly easy and straightforward, and wasn’t difficult for even someone as technophobic and incompetent as I was, to learn. (It also has one or two minor issues over the display of some indicators, but not as seriously as MetaTrader does!).

My guess, in short, from what I know about your situation, is that you probably don’t need anything terribly complicated or “powerful” - you just need some convenient way of avoiding MT4? :wink:

Sorry I haven’t seen this “ForexTrader Pro” you mention, but others will doubtless reply anyway … and probably you shouldn’t make decisions until they do? :slight_smile:

My advice for you is to start with MT4 platform, because it’s the most popular platform provided by FX Brokers. MT4 includes too much instruments that will be in help to you, and you will find more information in this forum or others about MT4. Good luck!