Best forex trading software for beginners?

Can anyone suggest the best, or one of the better trading software for beginners?

I have used meta trader. Any one else use anything else?

I like vt trader you can download it at cmsforex.com, it has all the bell and whistles and they have a great forum for their platforms so their programmers can customize a trade system for you…however most broker platforms will offer this. You can also check out forex.com they have a online java based platform thats extremely easy to use but basic very basic in indicator studies…up to you really and how you prefer to trade…I have found mt4 a bit difficult to use for noobs because it does have a lot of comp language so that platform is better for the more advanced trader who trades off of algorithims

I trade off the GFT trading platform which is very popular. It is the finest charting software out there, no doubt about that. In other words it is the best. But GFT broker policies are not for everyone.

Oanda seems to be the favourite for Americans, but I read that their charting is very poor but their pip spread and honesty are good.
Personally, I need the very best charting because I trade using candlesticks.

I am in Australia and have the advantage of trading GFT thro an introducing broker who allows the demo to be indefinite.

where can you download this platform???

To Raging bull :

Go to the following hyperlink :

Kinetic Securities

It is one of the finest setout websites I have seen.

Simply go to step 3 subsection 2 “download” can be seen.

You will be well rewarded.

Hey Tymen,

Just wanted to say thanks for the link.

I’m in Sydney and have been meaning to sign up with GFT for a while now. Only off putting thing was the 30 limit on the demo. Now I’ve got plenty of time to check out Dealbook and practice up.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Well maybe I spoke too soon.

The program wont install. Keep getting a windows error message. Something about a read error. Couldn’t read from server or some such thing.

Did you have the same problem at any time Tymen? Any ideas on how to fix it.

Cheers,
PKFFW

Please phone Kinetic Securities - local call for you! (1300 306 114)

Tell Jay that Tymen from Highgate, WA, sent you. Tell him your download problems - he will fix it up for you with emails and passwords to get you started. Make sure you stipulate that you want the demo indefinitely.

Also your money stays in Australia unless you want it otherwise!! :smiley: (Chase Morgan bank).

If I remember rightly, I also had a download problem of something but Jay fixed it promptly.

Kinetic Securities is a new company and they are very keen to get customers, so they are very helpful.

Extra note to pkffw :

Make sure that when the download window appears, you click the [U]save [/U]option. Choose a place in My Documents to save the file. It is an extraction file so it takes time.

Close all other operations before extracting.

Firewalls should not bother you.

If you still have problems post back with an attachment or send me a private message at [email protected]

You might wish to consider IntelliCharts from FXtrek,

Hi Tymen,

Thanks for the tips. Got it all sorted with Jay.

Upon further looking I decided to actually go with their CME futures trading platform as I’m considering moving away from FX.

Cheers for the help and info,
PKFFW