What are some recommended Books on Support and Resistance?

Hello,

I read Support and Resistance Simplified and I didn’t like it at all ! I don’t know whether it was me who didn’t really understand the book or was it the book that was awful ?

I read Naked Forex: High-Probability Techniques for Trading and it was very good and Interesting !

Is there any books about S/R you’d recommend ?

Thank You.

Haven’t seen it (but there are plenty of “awful” books about, certainly).

I agree.

All the books from which I’ve learned the most about S/R haven’t actually been books specifically about S/R; they’ve just been “price action books”, but S/R is always - directly and indirectly - a big part of price action trading.

I recommend …

[I]Understanding Price Action[/I] (Bob Volman)

[I]Daytrading[/I] (Joe Ross)

[I]Trading The Ross Hook[/I] (Joe Ross) (the kind of technique taught in this one, and things related to it to a greater or lesser extent, happen to cover a significant proportion of my own trading, and it’s all S/R-based, but typically [I]very[/I] localised S/R)

[I]Trading Price Action Trends - Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader [/I](Al Brooks)

[I]Trading Price Action Trading Ranges - Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader[/I] (Al Brooks)

[I]Trading Price Action Reversals - Technical Analysis of Price Charts Bar by Bar for the Serious Trader[/I] (Al Brooks)

(The last three are [I]not[/I] well-written, not very easy to read and probably not for beginners, but their content is excellent for people with the patience and dedication to plough through them!)

Thank You very much Lexys :slight_smile:

I’ve followed your advice from a previous post, and started reading the 1st book of Al Brook!

It’s certainly difficult to read. But seems also very deep and different…though I’m having some trouble understanding what he’s saying :stuck_out_tongue: But I think it’ll be worth the trouble.

I’ll check the other books too, especially Trading The Ross Hook.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Hi Amine,

the most classical book you can check out is probably:

Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications, by John Murphy.

I guess you got enough selection to choose from the above posts :slight_smile:

Good luck with it

Great recommendations, Alexys!. It hadn’t occurred to me to ask about this, but I should have. I am glad that someone else did.

All books focused on technical analysis are basically S/R books, as all chart patterns (triangles, wedges, head and shoulders, and so on…) are supports and resistances at a different price. So when you see “…Technical Analysis…” or “…Chart Patterns…” in the title it will most certainly cover S/R aspects.

As to specific books, you can check Alexander Elder, or Ed Ponzi, or basically most Forex books from Wiley publishing; they are pretty decent.

Thanks Zarterose,

I’ve read John Murphy’s book after finishing the school of Pipsology. It was a very hard read ! difficult to understand for a someone who just started learning about trading. But I know it’s a very good book this is why, this book is in my list of To Re-read books.

Thanks Forex Verified, I understand what you mean…