What is a good pair to start with?

Because of low volatility EUR/USD is the best trading pair to start with! I may suggest you, please don’t concentrate on multiple trading pairs in your beginning stage! It will destroy your learning concentration as well as interest! In addition, most of the new Forex traders start their trading career with this popular trading instrument actually, and you can do so!

Until you get a hold of the correlation that major pairs have with other pairs, sticking to the major ones is the best option.
Hell, even sticking to one or two of the major pairs is even better sometimes. That’s what I did (started with EURUSD and GBPUSD, but of course they are too volatile now)

I think, you should start with EUR/USD or GBP/USD…as these pairs have good movement.

As EUR/USD is one of the majors as well and most of the traders trade in this pair to EU is the best pair to start with.

Eur/Usd is fav of every trader and you can also work with this easily. Most of the trader trade with this one only, next suggestion will be any JPY pairs if you are good at risk management.

EUR/USD tends to be prone to long consolidation periods though. I would recommend to start with a pair that moves more smoothly, like USD/JPY.

I started with EUR/GBP however with how GBP is I’ve kind of moved away from it and I’m trading EUR/*** Pairs I find them predicable and stable

I agree. EUR pairs are good, I started with EURUSD and trade it mostly.
GBP is not very strong due to brexit, so I prefer not to trade it at all. All that black swans… Nah

Yeah, with everything that is happening I’ve been avoiding it, I started trading it again once it became easy to predict again but now it’s back to the ‘Black Swan’ as you said

Majors… majors are a good choice to start with. EUR, USD, etc. They are pretty peredictable and comfortable to work with. Anyway, you’ll have your experience and maybe exotic pairs would be more interesting for you. I advise you to try several pairs on demo to see your individual preferences

It all depends upon the trading style that one want to adopt. If you are interested in range bound markets and want to involve in scalping then you can look in to the currency pair like EURUSD, this currency pair is very stable and range bound.
However, if you want to trade in currency pairs which have the potentials to generate a good amount of profits then you should be looking for the volatile currency pairs like GBUSD, GBPJPY & NZDUSD. These currency pairs are more volatile as compared to other currency pairs, giving the potential of higher profits in small time frame but your risk also get increases.
I would recommend you to start trade in some stable currency pair like EURUSD as you wouldn’t be at much bigger risk if trend goes against you. However, no matter which currency pair you take the success would depends on whether you are able to create a successful strategy based on the market conditions and are able to rightly find the turnaround points and breakouts.

I think so. Best the for the new comers.

I think it’s best to begin with major pairs like eurusd and eurchf, because the volatility for them is usually really good.

I also started with EUR/USD and have continued trading with it more than any other pair. Just stick to the majors to start with.

Start in demo and trade the major pairs, nothing exotic. Expect it to take months or more probably years before you can make consistent profits in demo. Only after you are CONSISTENTLY profitable in demo should you try cash trading. Then only trade the minimum, 0.01 lots per trade. It will probably take more years to be consistently profitable in cash trading. After you are consistently profitable in minimum cash trades, you’ll know what to do. Best success. - G

Like many traders I will also like to say EUR / USD is a good pair to start with .It is easy to analyze, low spread and good market all the time .We are in nay time zone it help us to find good movement so one should try it first then do trading with other major currency pairs too.

my first pair when i first started trading hotforex in 2011 was eurusd, and i think its still the favorite even now,but the best pair to start with is the most pair you understand, might not be a major, as long as you understand it then its good.

I have been trading these major currency pairs EUR/USD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, GBP/USD. You can do same and make more profits.

Every pair is useful and important, our trading strategy and planning does matter, I would like to suggest that EUR/USD is the best and most people’s choice, experienced trader’s also prefer to use this pair, this is the good pair and with good planning and strategy we can earn huge amount with this pair.

EUR/USD is definitely the most popular currency pair, but it is not necessarily the best. I, personally, made my first trading steps on it as a newbie, but since then I have branched out and I think that was a good decision.