Advantages of currency trading

Why would one consider currency trading instead of more standard market trading? I’m exploring this field because, in my total noobness, it seems that currency trading might be more predictable than investing in companies. It seems to me that someone who does research and carefully considers their options has more of a chance than randomly throwing a dart at the financial pages.

Am I totally off base?

If nothing else, remember this… in order for someone to sell, someone must buy, and other way around. Think about this for at least 6 months, while watching the market.

Maybe it is because in currency trading, the effects and the trend is easily predicted whereas in standard market trading, investing in companies, it is sort of a long term investment and the return is also not as quick as currency trading.

Is it also because the currency trading is more liquid than the long term investment in stocks? True, we’ll never know what happens to our investment in companies unless we really take part in the decision making process/managerial aspect.

I also believe that short term trading is better than long term trading in many ways.

Hey guys,

Nobody’s mentioned the leverage offered by the various forex brokers. A little bit of dough can get you trading large value trades immediately. Of course, I say go the demo route first before putting the real cash on the line.

Phil

That is right, demo account first, the one that is for free and then when you think you already know about it, invest a little.

Could you tell me a little bit more about the demo accounts. I’ve asked other people before and from what I gathered there is no risk with them and other things that I don’t believe to be true.

For me I could go either way. I like currency trading but I also like the rush I get when I do market trading. I guess it’s the whole gambling thing-which I don’t do by the way. You can lose or you can win.