Using indicators,

Hey everyone, thanks for the replies they are really helpful. I am gonna scale back on the indicators that i am using and try to read up more on the ones i decide to keep.

you havent still finish the babypips quiz , wondering what are you doing here

Indicators are not bad if used properly. But, yea I’m completely agree that they can overshadow the whole picture. Try with naked charts, then put one indicator and learn how it works, then another. After some time you will build your own trading system. Good luck.

If you bothered reading my posts before opening your big trap, you would know that I started in fx years ago and am going thru the school just to reacquaint myself.
Suggest you get back to your ‘interesting’ thread and give it a dusting

nice try but carlos Aka pointless , its fact once i call you are sharp , but you far away from giving away advice tips or anything like this
i know you get excited abit i feel for you but put your energy take comments from experienced members read and hear what they have to say
and mind waht you contents maybe you havent done yet

Ive yet to read anything posted by your good self to suggest your opinion is of any value, just a few barbed comments at other members. Have you nothing constructive to say?

By the way, I stand by my original post that many traders use few, if any indicators

i dont consider myself as experienced one , and im not dare to call myself as one of them,

Yeah, I use same trading indicator in various time frames! Basically, my profitable trading strategy works on all kind of major trading pairs! This is way, I use this strategy for almost eight major pairs! On the other hand, I use my fundamental knowledge during high voltage news sessions! Basically, I have made my profitable trading strategy by doing one year analysis on trading systems!

Indicators are nice trading instruments. But using an indicator when you don’t understand it is useless. It is safer to stick to bare price action if that is what you understand.

If you dont understand what indicators represent you better dont trade with it.

I would love to learn that sir

Up to 3 indicators are OK, 4 are too many.

I think it might work for you, what I usually do in such circumstance is to use the system of three screens to project the future. Setting on M15, H4, and DAILY. You can use indicators for the first two screens and maybe no indicator for the last!

To project the future? I can see the movie-rights changing hands, any day now …

Indicators are not bad, if used properly :slight_smile: but it takes time to find the best combination.

That really depends on the person, but if one does decide to use more than three indicators it’s a good idea to place them on different charts, rather than all in one chart.

What indicators show, is the past and the present. You can you use the indicators to have a picture about how the market moved. The chart (candle sticks, bars, areas, …) is a picture of the market.
So, how you look at the market is a matter of preference.

Can be also useful when looking for pullback.

Hi grozny

Using same indicator on different timeframe would be relatively correct. You can’t compare apple and orange.

0 indicator is pure arrogance
1 indicator is great
2 indicator would be nice
3 indicator may boost confidence
4 indicator personally i start to get dizzy

Ema rsi macd pivot indicator can be very useful
When use appropriately

I wouldn’t call trading with no indicators arrogance. Some people prefer trading with pure price action and no indicators, and they are successful. It really depends on the individual.