Black Friday Laptop

Tomorrow is Black Friday in the U.S. and time to get a Windows laptop for MT4-based trading. What specific model is best for mobile trading based on a combination of power, cost and quality? I have an Apple Macbook Pro and Ipad and I hate using Parallels or Microsoft RDC just to access my VPS. Perhaps a laptop/tablet convertible would be best. Any thoughts on who might have the best deals?

The term “Black Friday” has gradually crept into the UK, as well - and this year I’ve even seen it being openly referred to as such in advertising.

I noticed in yesterday’s newspapers some computer advertisements, offering decent-looking laptops for as low as about £100, as a “one-day deal”.

I can’t advise you directly, other than to say that I think it doesn’t matter hugely, because the reality is that the speed and reliability of your [I]internet connection[/I] is actually [U]far[/U] more important, for most everyday trading purposes, than the details of your hardware: any modern, decent computer should be [I]more[/I] than adequate for any retail trader’s activities and usage, in my opinion. (For years I was making a living using an antiquated desktop computer, and I was successfully using Windows XP for years after everyone else had switched to something newer: I really don’t think these things matter much.)