New Guy!

Hey folks,

I’m quite new to trading & the forex market. I’ve already read a ton of very valuable information from this site and 1 or 2 others over the last 2 weeks, so still a lot to learn.

I’ve downloaded FXCN MT4 to mess about there and test out basic strats just to see what fits my style and what I feel like clicks with me. My plan is to run with my strat (which is very basic I might add lol) and see how my overall trades are over the next few weeks before making any jump into the real market.

When I do get to this stage I will be using a very small bank balance for further testing within the live environment before actually committing any large sum of cash as I’m wanting a decent success rate before really moving in on the market.

So after all that I’m basically looking to see what you folks think are the top brokers to use, FXCN I know is one of them and I’ve seen 1 or 2 posting saying Oanda is a good shout? but from what I seen when downloading this broker App their spreads are insane compared to FXCN spreads?

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve

Hi Stev, welcome to the world of currency trading. Unless you have a lot of experience in other types of trading, plan on spending a lot more then a few weeks demo trading.

As far as a broker, I have been using FXCM from the beginning and they have given me no reason to go else where. Never liked MT4, FXCM Trading Station has worked fine for me

Hi Stev. Perhaps you could open several demo accounts with different brokers so you can test their conditions. Here is a useful thread for what to look for: 301 Moved Permanently. Hope this helps.

I feel this is the best thing to do too, just learn and practice and you are in the right track in the market.
Trade well!!!