How much did you start trading forex with?

In my part of the world, people start with only $50 to $100. Starting with $1000 is like a dream! Best of luck for you! (y)

Many trader start with small money because still fear losing big money, if having good skill might start from 100$ dan increasing more than 200$ and more, but might rarely can make it being real, many trader might losing and fail eventually

Fortunate, indeed, for the entire forum that you took the trouble to point this out: I can’t even begin to imagine how anyone would ever have suspected it, without you so kindly imparting the benefit of your esteemed wisdom on the subject.

Frankly, I started with way too much. I don’t even think I was ready to trade with real money at the time. Of course, my account got wiped after a few weeks. I don’t know what I was thinking.

Right. Gradual increase of amount is always advisable. With the right approach and gradually increasing your trading funds and enhancing your knowledge can surely help a lot.

I believe that trading with big investment is the key for getting success in forex, I was also started with $200 after having good learning, although it was small investment but with proper knowledge, experience and skills we can manage our business with this capital.

I ended up depositing USD300 instead of 1000, although 1000 is the amount i can afford to lose, but still i want to see how i would react trading a live account. for the 1st week of trading live. i was able to have 1 good trade a day, and i got over confident and GREEDY, i change from analyzing the chart, to pure gambling. Everytime a trade goes against me and got stop out i have the mindset of making it all back on that trade and boy was i wrong.

So i stop trading live, started a trading journal, go back to DEMO and testing my strategy i was using before going live.
Don’t assume price will go your way because you “think” it will, forex trading proves me wrong in so many ways.

Time to go back to my DEMO account.

Happy trading guys! Good luck!

There’s so much we can learn from one another, keep sharing and trade wisely. Trade but not gamble!

2 Likes

May I ask why wouldnt you want to have more than one positions open? If you keep to the 1% rule, having 3-4 positions open that dont influence each other directly, worst case scenario you lose 40$ on 4 trades.

Currency-pairs are all either directly or inversely correlated, and it’s terribly easy to increase your risk-exposure without realising it.

Having four forex positions each risking 1% of your account open simultaneously (unless you’re trading inversely correlated pairs - but do people [I]really[/I] do that, much?) [U]isn’t[/U] “sticking to a 1% rule”: it has a nasty habit of turning out to be sticking to a 4% rule instead.

So it mean, 1 currency up sure the other will b down. N if a trader open the wrong pair, n of it a losing trade all 4 positions will down n totally lost 4 trade n that is 4%am I right?

Interestingly, my initial trading capital was also 1K. But I didn’t invest my money her emotionally; I started my live trading with my personal trading strategy! So, my confident level was high enough! In other words, I worked with 1K virtual money in my demo account! As a result, I never faced technical problems during beginning stage of my live trading!

Started with $1500. I was completely clueless and found out the hard way what a margin call was. It took me less than a month to blow my first account up. My 2nd account wasnt much better

Ideal trading amount to start should always be that much which you can afford to lose. And to strengthen your personal trading strategy as you said it is really very important to first practice in demo account enough. This will make one familiar with the trading platform and know the technicalities of working of the forex market. Emotions are also a big factor which can hamper the trading performance but this must be kept in control.

80$ that was when Fed was hiking for the first time since the financial crisis technical analysis and entry points didn’t matter at all wherever you buy USD against AUD, NZD and CAD comms suffered greatly you would still make money. I thought I had figured it out then deposited another 1500$ into my trading account and decided to trade full time. Well times have changed since then we don’t see big trends on higher TFs any more and you have very precise about your entry. So for me things have become tough. But that didn’t make me stop. And if you’re wondering yes I didn’t make a dime out of my 1500acc. The point I’m trying to make here is that if you don’t know how to trade you won’t be making anything out of a 100,000acc. I laugh when people over here say you have to have at least 50000$ in order to trade. Well if you can’t trade regardless of your acc size you won’t make anything but you might lose everything.

First, I started with $500 fnd lost it, as I was unexperienced and greedy.
Then I started using demo again and then switched to cent account and traded with $10 deposit))

If I talk about my very first investment than I think I will have to visit 8 years back, it was between 70-80 USD, it’s incredibly hard to remember exact figures. It was awesome start for me, as within no time, I had doubled my capital. I remember it very well that I had NO STRATEGY. In fact, I had no clue why the certain movement was in certain way. All I did was to add on position after position as long as I don’t see profit; it was actually Martingale strategy which at that time I had no idea about. It worked nicely but soon the luck ran out and I suffered. Now years later, I am much better and trade in genuine way.

You was really lucky) And what strategy do you use now? And what do you think about Martingale strategy now? Too risky?

Martingale is a good trading strategy only in the case when you’ve got an endless deposit, or if you’re very lucky. If you haven’t got either, it’s a very high risk strategy. It’s dangerous because at first everything seems to be working, and you started believing that it will always be that way, but at a certain moment your entrie deposit burns out. You’ll say that’s not possible? It is, that’s how I lossed my account once.

Forex is a big opportunity to any trader. Anyone can involve with this market in order to earning. A trader can start Forex with a very small capital through big capital is helpful for big earning. But when I was new I started Forex with a very small capital like only 100 dollar. But I was so much experienced about trading that’s why within a very short time I earned more money within this capital.

I started with 1000 USD but that is not important with how much to start. The important thing is to start real trading when you got a system. By system I mean a profitable system then you can multiply your forex earnings many times.