Newbie just saying hello

Hello everyone. I’m a Forex trading newbie working my way through the BabyPips school and learning everything I can.

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone.

Looking forward to learning and to contributing (as soon as I have something of value to add).

I’m impressed with all the great info BabyPips has to offer. I’m so glad I stumbled across this site early in my Forex trading career (before even getting into live trading). Very helpful stuff!

Best to everyone,

• Iggy

welcome iggy. fell free to ask any questions you have.

Thanks jibby03.

I’m sure I will as I get further along in my education and experience.

Right now I’m wrestling with the concepts of margin and leverage. I’ve read and re-read the BabyPips lesson on it, but I’m still having a hard time getting it into my brain.

If anyone can suggest a good resource to make understanding those two concepts - leverage and margin - easy, I’d love to have it!

Thanks.

Best,

• Iggy

I would suggest reading “The Number One Cause of Death For Forex Traders” in the school area. If you dont understand it after that just get back to me and I may be able to find sometihng else.

Hi jibby03,

Yeah, that’s the lesson I’ve read through a few times now. It’s beginning to sink it, but I’m still struggling with it.

I get that leverage can be dangerous especially for undercapitalized accounts.

I have a demo account that has 100:1 leverage with $10,000 in it. I’m trying to determine what my exposure is on a given trade and how it affects margin and leverage.

I’m not quite clear how margin relates to leverage and vice versa.

I’m sure I’ll get it in time. Just gotta keep reading about it from different sources until I have that “ah ha” moment of enlightenment.

If you can suggest other sources to read to give me a different angle on it, that would be a huge help.

Thanks.

• Iggy

leverage is one of the things i am still hvaing trouble grasping myself. I would suggest going back a few pages on this forum (i think maybe 4 or 5 pages back) and there is a forum on e-books. One of the last posts on this thread has a website address and password for a site that has probobly about 100 + e-books on forex all for free. Im sure you’ll find your answer there, plus many many more…enjoy

Hai I’m Khairul from Malaysia…

First off all I have a confession to make…I don’t know anything about Forex but I am willing to learn…Hence I hope all of you could guide in order to become a great trader…

Hi jibby03,

Thanks for the tip! I’m gonna find that message right now and get reading. That’s a huge help.

Hi Khairul,

I’m new to Forex and new to the forum here as well. Just getting started. Great to meet you and welcome to a fellow newbie!

• Iggy

Hi I’m also a newbie here saying hello… I just joined Babypips today… I’ve heard that this site offers a lot of information most especially to newbie like me…:slight_smile: I am just getting things started and I am willing to learn…

-Bhing-

Hey, I’m Will. I’m also new here [can you tell?], and I’m in the 3rd grade right now. I’m not understanding why my Forex.com’s FOREXTrader Demo account software does not update the chart every minute like it supposed to [it’s 11:29 PM EST]. The last candlestick was made on 11/23 at 16:59. Is it b/c of the holidays? I heard it’s 24/7.

Hello,

I am a newbie. I just signed up few minutes ago. I am novice to forex and I want to transit from stocks to forex. I am here to learn. Right now, I am practicing on the demo account. One thing I noticed is that you can make maximize profit and minimize loss through money management, fundamental and technical analysis tools. Once again, I need hep because I want to be a successful trader.

to all of you folks asking for help and what not…it’s cool and all, but plz don’t expect ppl to hand you much of anything on a silver plater. All the information you seek is on this forum and one other I visit on a frequent basis forexfactory.com

But don’t even bother going there until you’ve read through EVERY post here on this site FIRST, and before this you should have gone through the school a few times before you read any forums…if anything to understand the terminology currency traders use and to get a very basic idea of how things work.

Make an effort to go on youtube and google info you feel you aren’t receieving enough off. This journey of yours will be determined by your own persistence…and I promise you it will be LOADS of studying for many, many months be4 all the pieces of the puzzle come together on it’s own…depending on your dedication to this and how much free time you have.

You can only take one day at a time, and unfortunatly, you like everybody else can’t crame all the good stuff into our heads all at once…thats why it could take days (weeks sometimes) to really get a grasp of what money management is, or what in-trade management means, etc.

So thats it from me, have fun, study hard, and try not to give up so easily…it only gets a little bit easier as the the days go on

I agree with you on that… It’s really better to exert an effort to take some lessons and learn by ourselves first… But of course, for all we know, all the members are willing to help in anyway they can…

It would really fun to slowly grasp how this thing works… :wink:

willdex
Check your time frame you are using, you have many different time charts.For example a 1MIN. chart forms a new candle every minute,as a 1 hour chart forms a new candle every hour and so on.

[QUOTE=jlmac27;30324]Check your time frame you are using, you have many different time charts.For example a 1MIN. chart forms a new candle every minute,as a 1 hour chart forms a new candle every hour and so on.[/QUOTE]
@ jlmac27=> Thanks, man: I’ve attached the picture taken w/ [I]Screen Hunter[/I] [01.jpg] 10 minutes ago and checked the time frame: it’s 1 minute; it still shows 11/23 and 16:59. I’m a bit lost…
UPDATE: One more picture. Now it’s from OANDA FxGame. Same thing: approximately 16:59 and 15 minute chart. Weird if you ask me. But I [I]am[/I] only in 3rd grade right now: still have a lot to learn and all.

It seems to be working now properly. Thanks.