MT4 vs MT5 ??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MT4 vs MT5 ???

Quote Originally Posted by eyedfondue View Post
    Lexys I was sure, that you would post this :P

LOL ... I make no apology for it.

It's become a self-perpetuating thing, simply because it's what most people use, and that's why they advise others to use it. Brokers have to make it available because of their perception that that's what their market wants.

Beginners' forums are full of people using it, and telling other people to use it.

Meanwhile, almost NO serious, professional, successful trader would even dream of using it, and there are reasons for that, of which many members are unaware.

Many have never seen any other platform at all, and imagine that "the world" is "the world of MT", not even knowing that it's a clunky, horrible, unreliable piece of junk that also displays many of their beloved indicators incorrectly, and that there's a "whole other world" of trading out there, in which some people are actually making a living.

Anything we can do, potentially to lift the veil for the very small proportion of people who are willing to have their eyes opened, will potentially be a favour to them.

I sometimes wonder whether it ever occurs to all the people who are busily telling others that 95% of aspiring forex-traders are losing money and failing, that maybe doing what 95% of aspiring forex-traders are doing could just possibly be one of the worst approaches they could adopt?

But no ... of course not - silly me: they have to use their beloved Metatrader, don't they, otherwise they wouldn't be able to use their beloved EA's?

Quote Originally Posted by lexys View Post
    LOL ... I make no apology for it.
    And it is not needed actually :P
    I am just wondering if you ever used Meta Trader and had bad experience like losing money because of how it works or you just hate is so much because you don’t like how it looks and its functionalities and you have found other platform(s) that suit(s) you better
    However, what you said is completely true – maybe 90% of all people interested in trading are looking for Meta Trader, so I guess brokers have no other choice than offering it.

I sometimes wonder whether it ever occurs to all the people who are busily telling others that 95% of aspiring forex-traders are losing money and failing, that maybe doing what 95% of aspiring forex-traders are doing could just possibly be one of the worst approaches they could adopt?
    Maybe that is because successful traders don’t like that much to share their secrets and experience over the forums. On the other hand, when you lose money of trading it is easy to say: “I just got unlucky; It’s not my fault; Everybody loses money; My brokers screwed me etc.” but rarely someone looks back at what did he do wrong eventually.

I am just wondering if you ever used Meta Trader and had bad experience like losing money because of how it works or you just hate is so much because you don’t like how it looks and its functionalities and you have found other platform(s) that suit(s) you better

I have used it, a long time ago, but only ever for "testing stuff" and only ever on a demo account.

I was "warned off it" right at the start, by people in the trade. (And especially warned off "brokers" who require their customers to use it by offering no alternative!).

when you lose money of trading it is easy to say: “I just got unlucky; It’s not my fault; Everybody loses money; My brokers screwed me etc.” but rarely someone looks back at what did he do wrong eventually.

Yes, indeed - I agree with you.

I have used it, a long time ago, but only ever for "testing stuff" and only ever on a demo account.
    If it was so long time ago maybe you should give it a shot again :P You might be not so disappointed. I believe Meta Trader has been improved over the 24 months (Note: I am not defending it. Just saying not to be prejudiced. Everyone deserves a second chance LOL)

I was "warned off it" right at the start, by people in the trade. (And especially warned off "brokers" who require their customers to use it by offering no alternative!).
    It is always preferable to have a choice between several platforms

Frankly, I am not interested to compare these two trading platforms with each other! Because, both of them are useful but it depends on you, which trading platform you are doing to use! In addition, I with only mt4 trading platform, I get enough technical support in my live chart, so I am not interested on others trading platform like Mt5 or cTrader platform!

If MT4 is the bad guy, is there any other software anyone could suggest? I was literally about to download it now I'm thinking stay clear from the start. Thanks

Can anyone suggest an alternative then? Is cTrader any good?

Quote Originally Posted by matty1938 View Post
    Can anyone suggest an alternative then?

There are two good alternatives (both in widespread use among more serious traders) discussed in this thread, if that helps. And information about NinjaTrader here.

Yes, MT4 i so one of the most used platforms and is suitable for newbies. I still have not checked MT5 though but from what I've heard, it will have more functions and more instruments available for trading. Basically it would be much better than MT4. But I guess you cannot use your MT4 account with MT5.
    By the way, I heard recently about Agena Trader. Does anyone have more information or have used it?

Quote Originally Posted by matty1938 View Post
    Can anyone suggest an alternative then?

Arma3.

Other trading platforms are available.

Forum Sponsors