Mt4 (5)

Hi, when i make the download of metatrader 4 it install but it also update automaticly to meta5

I want to use mt4 indicater. how can i do it?

thanks

Hi there. Which link do you use to download? I believe that it isn’t possible an MT4 installed platform to be updated (even manually) into MT5. That are two different programs.

MT5 should support indicators from the old platform. Have you tried to go through of the same installation process?

Shouldn’t most of the MT4 indicators be implemented in the MT5 as well along with some new? If yes, I guess there won’t be needed to make any additional installation. I don’t think that MT4 could be updated into MT5 as well, it should be downloaded and installed separately.

I don’t know whether now metaquotes already stopped for development mt4 and will focus on development on mt5?
I am ever reading certain article about this matter which they want to concentration for mt5 platform development, but I don’t know for sure

I believe MT4 is indeed no longer supported for every physical person to use it. I mean I couldn’t find a download link for MT4 on the web site of MetaQuotes. However, that doesn’t mean that brokers are no longer supporting it. IMO as long as a broker pays for the support of MT4 it will work for their version (until it gets really too old like in 1 year for example).
Some interesting articles are posted also in this thread: 301 Moved Permanently

I did some research and I believe that you are trying to download MT4 from a link that is no longer active (supported). If you are using an old link from the MetaQuotes page it would automatically redirect you to MT5 and download it instead of MT4. Maybe that is part of their marketing to boost the positions of MT5. So the only way to download MT4 now is to use a link of a broker that is paying for the support of it.

I also don’t think it’s possible that your MT4 get automatically upgrade to MT5 as both are separate trading platform and you require different setup for both of them to install. And I agree with eyedfondue that if you are trying to download MT4 from a link that has expired then it automatically download the MT5 instead of MT4.