Open a real account?

Hi fellow traders,
I just want to get some opinion and advices from you. I didn’t yet prove to my self to have a consistent profit but I feel like I want to open a small real account to begin for me to know whats really different trading on demo and real account cause other says its really different to trade in real and demo. Been serious practicing more months in trading then didn’t experience blowing a demo account.I’ve started december a 10000$ demo account and grow right now at 11700.57$ so I think its not bad to start in real.?

PM: LEXYS- Thank you for the books that you recommended, I’m reading since last week “The New Trading for a living” by Alexander Elder its really helping and a good book and I will read this twice or more for me to understand well and after that will buy more books that you say. :slight_smile:

Good, well done. People’s advice is going to vary about this … I’m not sure there’s a “right answer” anyway: it depends on your degree of risk-aversion, general circumstances and what size of account you have in mind.

I accept and understand, of course, that demo accounts have limited uses and value compared with the real thing.

For what it’s worth (if anything) the suggestion I normally offer people is to open a real, funded account after they’ve collated the results of a minimum of 300 [I]consecutive[/I] trades on a demo account without making a net loss. But this is very subjective and generalised “advice” anyway! :8:

Good that you tried to make some gains in demo account however i still prefer you sticking with demo account for sometime, and whenever you go to start trading with real account please start with small amount in order to test your broker’s other processes like withdrawal etc. Good Luck!

Keep it up! I really appreciate your thought that after trying demo and making profits in it, you want to first go for small real account. This signals your ability to be a good trader. As unlike other you made rational decision and knows the fact that despite of being successful in demo trading it’s not necessary that you will make gains in real account. You would eventually feel the difference that how your emotions control your trading in real accounts. I wish you good luck for your trading and hope you make more profits in real account.

Thank you lexys, thats because you helped me a lot, I did what advices you says.
My husband want me to start in a big account when I already prove to him that i can stay in the account and gain but i talk to him that I want to start in a small account to see first whats my reaction in reality.
Hmmm, I’m still loss, win before but this past couples of days I’m always winning straight.

If I’m going to open a small account what a good broker you recommend to me that have a low commission and no problem to withdraw or anything stuff lexys? Thank you in advance :slight_smile:
#HappyTrading

Thank you! Yeah I’m still on demo account trying to learn more and more but I’m really planning to open real small account to know how I’m going to react on reality. By the way what good broker you what to recommend to me without anything problem to them and with low commission?

Yeah I will! Thank you. Yes I want to start with small account cause I dont know yet whats going scenario come to me like my emotion feel in reality, the broker and etc, its going to be a first time experience.
Yeah I know already that it doesn’t mean I gain in demo, I’m going to gain in real but I’m trying my best to win! that’s all our goal is to win. Thats really the reason why I want to open real small account to know how Im going to react my emotions in reality. By the way what broker you can recommend to me without anything problem with them and with low commission?

#HappyTrading

I think that if you want to test the conditions of the live account, better to start with a micro account if your broker offers it. This type of account is not that risky and you will not lose much nor make a big profit. But is perfect to see how your strategy will work and check the execution speed, slippage, etc. However it would be better if you give yourself some more time to practice on demo and don’t rush to open a live account before you feel ready enough.

I really appreciate your decision! Of course, micro type real account is much useful than demo! Now, you would be able to play with your emotions and greed that will help you a lot in near future! But please, don’t try to use aggressive trading lot size in your micro or cent account; focus on your learning process not only on your monthly return! Best of luck!

Yes micro accounts is important we learn real trading on it. It needs less amount to invest . Here we not use fake money we can face real emotions and real market for trading that gives better idea how much we had learnt all about trading.

Great! You got the right approach.
I suggest you thoroughly research before you choose a broker. Babypips is the best place to begin searching. Start with a Micro account that usually start anywhere from $5 to $10 and then slowly move to a bigger account. However, in my experience of testing different brokers, I have found though micro accounts are cheap to start with but they usually have bit higher spreads. So if you can stretch you budget a bit more to 100 or 200$, you can start with standard or ECN account. As for me, I trade with finpro trading and I got to know about them from one of the threads here on the forum only. So far I’m happy trading with them - good trading conditions and low commissions. You can try them as well but as I said earlier do your research thoroughly.
I hope you find this helpful. :slight_smile:

I feel it’s not right tell you what you should do with your own money, so I’d rather say what I would do. Personally, I’d wait for at least another month or two to exercise on a demo account. After that I too would open a micro or a cent account and trade on it. If or when I see that I can consistently profit on it I’d increase the size of the account.