Forex is eventually a scam, a losing gamble, not trade

Lol, just that I figured that it wasn’t a pint.

Nothing wrong with the odd glass of sauvignon :slight_smile:

As per my opinion, forex is not a gamble because it requires a lot of analysis and taking steps as per the market trends otherwise we only loose our money.

Forex trading is not a scam; it is a real business which can be profitable if treated like one. Forex is legit but is extremely easy to lose money in a very unpredictable manner. Yes it can be a losing gamble if you invest huge amounts without having a clue of what you are doing and just relying on luck. Forex demands proper trading strategy with money management tools.

Maybe yes because making profit in trading is not easy and might they often facing with loss and can’t get earning from this business hence they said forex as scam business because they hate forex due can’t make money, but indeed risk in forex also always there and choose broker also important

I suggest that success in trading is based on your own self discipline… and I base that on my own successes and failures.

When I get into silly mode, I get clobbered, and when I trade my plan and the setups that I have mastered, then I do ok…

To compute data based on other people is of no value… the only decision maker that has to be measured is yourself… and I guess that is why we should have a documented trading plan and a documented trading journal… the two things that many traders are reluctant to use.

Happy Weekend, everyone!!

Forex trading is not a gamble as there are many genuine traders in the market who trade and earn well. Only those who had suffered huge losses in this market consider it to be a gamble. There is a risk in trading like you can familiarize yourself with technical indicators, gain knowledge and study fundamental analysis from dusk till dawn but there still remains some risk while trading. That’s not a scam but risk is natural in every type of business. Effective risk management can help to mitigate these losses. Just be patient and trade with due confidence after gaining sufficient knowledge of the market.

Its easier to say Forex is a scam than it is to admit you dont know what youre doing

Trading only gambling when we take the risk beyond our limits, I would like to say that forex is the best earning platform and it is not a scam business, we have to need knowledge, experience and skills in order earn huge amount from this business.

Haha, Love it. A lot of truth in your comment.

If you can win real money you won’t be here. If you win few peanuts per day that is not worth it. If probability can be anticipated then yes for some events like Federal bank rates went up recently so the dollar went up.No it didn’t but still we can explain events afterwards. Sorry but I feel this forum must be infiltrated with brokers agents, good job

I’d call that more of a “factual observation” than a feeling, myself.

Many of them, after all, are clearly labelled as such, so it’s hardly a devastating allegation. :wink:

It’s true there are some others, too, whom one might perhaps call “stealth promoters”, and that’s a shame … but they’re only a [I]very[/I] small minority of the members (and one or two of them are occasionally even removed.)

I agreed. Although I did heard other keep telling me that forex is gambling,as long as money involved it gambling. So I say that means we r gambling everyday. We gamble with our life every single day too. We may lost our life one day due to accident or what… So to me I feel forex is a business that need time to understand, learn, maintain it.

Hey, I’m also very sorry about your loss. However, you can turn this into a good thing if you decide to use them as a learning experience. Firstly, you must learn that trading is not a get-rich-quick-scheme. The amounts you lost in the amount of time mentioned seem to show me that you were trading way too aggressively. Secondly, you must learn that trading isn’t easy. The reason this can be a very rewarding profession is because its hard work. You’re not just gonna read a book or two, learn a couple of online strategies and a few facts about some nice indicators, and suddenly make millions. Trading is hard work. And the main part of that work is in your psychology, not so much the skill of trading. Nevertheless, some skill is required. I would respectfully disagree that trading is a scam.

Hi Kadheim.
Forex is like any other endeavor-you must put in the effort. That being said it is a bit of a scam. There are a lot of “Fresh Fish to Fry” (3F) in the forex. Newbies come in and are quickly relieved of their money if they do not train first. Even if you do train and take all the courses and read up YOU still might not be suitable for the forex. I liken it to playing sports. Some LOVE golf. They may play every opportunity they can, and take lessons, and have the newest clubs but try as they may they will NEVER be in the PGA - its just not in them. Only a very few have the innate talent passion and discipline. Some of this can be learnt but still will not take someone to the pro level. Forex has an estimate of over 90% losing. That means some break even and others make a small profit but not much. That leaves the 1 per-centers making $$$. Always demo (try out) first. If you have the passion talent and learn disciple then you may make it. Golfers, tennis stars… all put huge effort into their success. Its a Biz. Have fun with it - but it may teach you that you are not cut out for it. Its a scam for those who hang on and keep paying $ for robots and courses that many are glad to charge you for. Hope all the best.

If you won will money, would you not want to join a forum or discussion board where you can find like minded individuals? In order to talk about your results and find out how to refine your trading plan by seeing what optimal conditions work with other people? Or perhaps you want to motivate others with your story because even though I blown my forex accounts, I switch to binary options and I eventually worked all the loses from forex back into my pocket and then some.

I never understood what the hell is a binary option and how it works at backend , you put a trade you should have ability to take profit or loss any time , if someone thinks forex is gamble then binary option must be gamble ^10.

I must suggest newbies to do forex or stocks but never go for binary options its not a good product for traders.

Binary options is a real scammer… O.olll

I can clearly tell you have been misinformed. I am in fact able to take profit at any time given. But a certain percentage of it. But this thread is not about binary its about forex being a scam. I believe that forex is not a scam. I’ve actually made well over 1000% profit in forex and lost it all including my initial deposit and blew the accounts (In Less than 3 weeks on 2 occasions ). I do not believe and still don’t believe forex is a scam because I lost my money. In fact my lost, motivated me to in try harder not give up. If I made over 1000% not once but twice with less then $3000 I know people are out there profiting and I could be one too. But my perspective isn’t the same as everyone else because im a generally optimistic person. Besides my trading style out of 40 trades I only went long twice the rest was shorts. So trading wise im seen as pessimistic.

1 Like

I think I’m right in saying that [B][U]all[/U][/B] the longstanding/experienced members here agree completely with this perspective, as we’ve made clear in thread after thread.

Unfortunately, there are one or two recently-arrived members [I][U]with promotional agendas of their own[/U][/I] who are unable to post, on any subject, however unrelated, without mentioning how “binary options saved them”.

It’s very tiresome, and pretty irritating … but what normally happens in cases like this is that after [I]enough[/I] members make [I]enough[/I] of a fuss about it for long enough, [U]eventually[/U] the moderators will usually do something about it. It just takes an awful lot of persistence, and inevitably drives some people away in the process, which is a real shame.

No one is recommending newbies to start trading binary options. Also Lexy and I would never see eye to eye because she preaches why binarys are bad and why you should avoid them and I preach why you should choose a regulated broker and trade if you know what your doing. In fact whoever asks me how to trade binary options I send them a link to Babypips school and tell them to start learning how to trade forex before doing anything. I would be irritated also if I tell everyone binarys are bad everyday and here someone shows up and starts posting all the trades he made, provides video, withdraws his money actually receives said money. It counters my argument and the agenda im pushing, which I could see why she is “irritated”. She is so far the only person who claims to be irritated. But I respect her opinion and her agenda.

But as I said before this thread was is forex a scam or not so lets stay on topic.