Demo Accounts

Hello All,

Leo here from Ontario, Canada. New to forex and babypips but learning. I want to open a demo account I can use from my phone (android). I have tried to sign up with XM and Neto trade and after filling the forms, I don’t get the confirmation email back. What’s everyone’s suggestions for a newbie demo account? Are there known issues with these sites and a Hotmail account? Is there a demo account app for my phone that might work better?

If you’re using android then search through the Google Play Store app - regardless of whom you choose it will make no difference as we are talking of a demo account.

As for your Hotmail email account - this has no correlation to choosing a broker??

Hi Leo and welcome in there :slight_smile:
If it doesn’t work directly through the mobile application, you should try to register for a demo account from the broker’s website. And it doesn’t matter which is your broker, when installing the MT4 application as there is only one MetaTrader 4 in the store, which can be used with all brokers that support it.
As for the Hotmail account, I believe a registration with @hotmail.com domain shouldn’t be causing any issue. However you can always contact your broker to be 100% sure what are you doing wrong.
Cheers

I use the official MT4 app for android and to be honest im pretty satisfied, you could simply connect to your demo account throught that, I know that it works great with my XM account for example.

Perhaps you should check your Spam and Junk folder if you haven’t done that already. If not, check with the broker what is the issue or review their conditions and policy again. The Hotmail account has nothing to do with this problem. As far as I know, there are no restrictions unless you personally set up a filter. Or if you are using your work e-mail, there might be some default filters implemented.