Why is market so slow?

I think market is much slower than last month or even last year. I remember few months ago that I had much more pips daily than now. Market moves few pips and stops for hours. Why is that? Is it because of february?

Trend market based on theory is depending with demand and supply on the market, might market being slow because not too high volume transaction that occured on the market, and might many trader said on sideways condition.

Yet another profound mystery resolved by the esteemed analytical services of Bearish & Co …

Terrific. The market is slow because volume is low. And volume is low because the market is slow. While price is caused to go sideways because its not going up or down.

And tomorrow in England its going to rain. Unless the sun comes out.

1 Like

In this country, there’s one thing of which you can be sure: there will be altogether “too much weather”.

This gives me an idea for when the markets are slow - we could bet on the weather. Actually we can - Google weather betting.

Ooh, and I’d never heard of it … but today, for anyone in need of a “flutter”, there are two very interesting parliamentary by-elections to bet on … :cool:

Well it has been consistently declining according to S&P500 VIX, I believe because no major shocks are happening since 2007 crisis and 2014 oil crash, even Brexit and Trump win didn’t have much impact (despite spikes in volatility) as traders were basically prepared for them. Volatility happens when unpredictability comes and traders divide in two camps with different views, while now its more or less predictable

What instruments are you watching? Because the ones I do watch - some currency pairs like USD/JPY, USD/CAD, EUR/USD even, don’t seem that much slower to me.

Prior to the November election there was a big effort by the George Soros globalist and their puppet Hillary Clinton to push the US and Russia into an armed conflict, That would had created massive moves in many markets. President Trump’s wanting good relations with Russia is the major reason the globalist and the news media have declared war on Trump. Don’t be fooled the Globalist want war with Russia. Another way the globalist will destabilize the west is through moving massive numbers of refugees from the middle east to western Europe. Something Great Britian and the United states are now pushing back against.

In short, people hugging/kissing and generally getting along leads to low volatility and slow moving markets. On the other hand War and civil unrest will spike volatility. The globalist agenda is to create chaos and profit from that chaos. While living in safe zone cities of their creation, think of the movie/book “Hunger Games” , you don’t really think author Suzanne Collins just dreamed up that plot.

1 Like

Forex market moves based on fundamental data and logical technical point! In addition, I have different trading strategy based on market nature! Like, I use my swing and positional trading style during volatile market! On the other hand, I use scalping trading style during non-volatile Forex market session! On the other hand, I have another trading strategy for doing news trading, that’s all!

What instruments are you watching? Because the ones I do watch - some currency pairs like USD/JPY, USD/CAD, EUR/USD even, don’t seem that much slower

My thoughts exactly. The daily ATR on the major pairs shows little, insignificant change. It’s worth mentioning that should daily ranges tighten (not to be confused with daily volatility), RR should still remain the same while adapting to the parameters [price] which the market(s) offer.

Very slow. Been scalping the whole week. Volatility is there but pairs look range bound mostly.

Even if certain instruments are slow for a week, or even for a few months, that still doesn’t mean that the market is slow. Periods of consolidation are something normal.

As we all well aware that market consist on demand and supply, it is slow just for time being and will move rapidly and will go up, I am using EUR/USD and I hope it will move up and will be fast with the next few days.

Yes market also will depending with volume demand and supply that occur on the market, if trend on flat condition it’s mean on these pair not occur big difference demand and supply on currency, but sometime news also can giving instant impact to currency especially news high impact

Which is the best trading strategy, by your opinion? With which strategy you have had the most success? I know that there are a lot of
them, but I don`t know how to choose one.

Hi,

Because of unexpected changes in US economy, Britain exit from Euro union and the political situations around the world make the traders difficult to take decisions.

-Jim