Turning $800 into 350 million? Really!

Andrew Carlssin, the man from the year 2256 apparently turned $800 into 350 million dollars in TWO WEEKS!! in 2003.
Now despite Andrew Carlssin being a “time traveller” how is it possible to make such a stupid amount of money from peanuts in such a short span of time.

Apparently he made his fortune with 126 trades give or take, I would be very interested in knowing how mathematically this could be possible.

If you start with a penny and double it every day at the end of the 30th day you would have 5.3 million dollars

In your example if you start with $800 and made of profit of just 10.8% you would have 886.40, make another 10.8% on this amount and you have 982.13, continue to do this for 126 trades and you end up with 362 million

but being a time traveler, why not just play the Lottery

When I saw the topic of the thread I thought it would be some non-sense theory of making quick money :smiley:
It turned out to be an amusing story lol. Maybe he should have been less obvious in his approach and mixing big profits with some loses, or like Dennis suggested simply go for the lottery.
Maybe he was one of those “Investors with positions in key technology and energy names” this article mentions.
Despite the whole story is (most probably) a lie it was an interesting distraction so thanks cashdiary for sharing it :slight_smile:

It reminds me of Stephen King’s book :smiley:

Found this on Wikipedia

The Carlssin story allegedly originated as a fictional piece in [I]Weekly World News a satirical newspaper, and was later repeated by Yahoo! News, where its fictitious nature became less apparent. It was soon reported by other newspapers and magazines as fact. This in turn drove word-of-mouth spread through email inboxes and internet forums, leading to far more detailed descriptions of events

Seems fake news isnt such a new phenomenon[/I]

Interesting and timely observation! :wink:

Sometimes it’s interesting glancing at the titles of the things that come up below the thread as “similar threads”: 301 Moved Permanently. :o

Hahaha Dennis3450, I see your point here. Most people in this situation would prefer to play the lottery in order to get rich fast but obviously for this guy was too easy to just do it this way :smiley:

To make 10 profitable trades in a row the probability is 1/1024 or 0.0009%. Its like winning in a lottery what will not happen with you for sure :wink:

Forex trading has good returns than any other businesses that are available online these days however it is not that easy because we need to learn the trading tactics before starting it.

We’re fortunate indeed to have insight like this available: without you pointing it out, we’d never even have suspected that you need to know how to do it, in order to do it.

In theory it works but most traders don’t understand or appreciate the concept of drawdown. As profitbaby said 10 profitable trades in a row in which you double your money is in itself like winning the lottery.