Trading on Mac

Hi everyone from the newest newbie! I’d like to find out if anyone is trading using a Mac. Maybe it’s just me, but I’m kind of struggling with trading software on Mac. I’m currently using TradingView which works pretty well, but I am finding more tutorials and so on for MT4 (Why not MT5, by the way??)

Anyhow, happy Pippin’!

I trade on both platforms but can only use the Web-based cTrader on the Mac (Sierra) (no EA’s)

You can run a Win 10 Shell on Apple, either Bootstrapper or Parallels.

I use cTrader / Metatrader 5 on PC which is an install version allowing more Bots to be used and much more data saved.

hi can you share how you use MT5 on Macbook pls…I got problem here. this

Hi, I was trading MT5 with windows and then switch to Mac to no where…could you pls teach me how to trade MT5 on Macbook please…really appreciate it >>>

For MT4 on mac you can use a VPS or third-party software available directly from the MT4 website.

I think that you should use a mobile application. Now almost all companies offer it for iOS.

Did you try this?

You need to install “Wine”. Follow the instructions above.

The thing is my broker only provide MT5 and I am already using it in Windows …so not switching it to MT4…Thanks Marco.

Hi Nydorenn, I am using iOS on my mobile but the broker just don’t have it on Macbook…Thks Man.

Hi Thebeezneez, I have been reading about Win…are you using it and trading it with Wine??coz I really wanted to know if Wine is stable with MT5…

Don’t think that’s an OS issue. Pretty much all trading platforms are designed for both Android and iOS.

Wine is not a good choice. It has not been in development for some time now and it has some issues which have not been resolved.

I suggest that you purchase Parallels. That’s what I use. You will need to install Windows via Parallels and thereafter you can install any Windows based software as you would on a native Windows machine.

2 Likes

Thank Q…any idea how much do I need to pay for Parallels and can I not download windows 10 to use?

I think it’s about $50 for a Parallels license. You will need to purchase Windows 10 and install it via Parallels on your Mac.

I have not tried the following method but apparently you can get Windows 10 for free. See this link:

Thanks Q, for all the helps. Just one last question if u don’t mind…is your Mac slow down when you turn Parallels?

This again Q…appreciated it.

Alvin

Not perceptibly since I’ve got a maxed out RAM configuration on my machine.

Hi Q, I have installed Parallels…and window…and is good!. I see what you mean operating with this app…and is like best of both world under one roof. This for the recommendation. Appreciated it…

It’s good news that today we can work wherever we want, under any circumstances, and it’s a real freedom in trading these days.

Nope, I have Windows. Like QuadPip mentioned, Parallels is great. With Parallels, you can use Mac, Windows, or both at the same time. I think you can even get Windows to boot up first, and then launch Mac apps from within Windows. Not sure it still works that way. It’s been years since I use it.

But glad you’re up and running!

You are welcome. May I know which broker do you use?