Demo vs. live

I think that’s what most people are primarily referring to, when they mention the differences, but the other points made above by Eyedfondue are perfectly valid, too: in theory, there “shouldn’t” be practical differences, but there can be, over slippage etc., depending on the broker.

In general, one shouldn’t assume that one will [I]necessarily[/I] be able to duplicate [I]perfectly[/I] in a funded account the results one’s produced on demo.

Hi to everyone! How do you think, are there any tricks from brokers on demo account? Is it easier to get profit on demo?

Demo server might good than live server, in demo account will rarely facing requote problem but on real account sometime often facing requote and this is also making trader being emotion sometime, but if making comparison server live between broker also has different speed execution

Definitely the major difference between the demo and live account is psychological aspect during trading. State of mind while trading matters a lot and when a person is dealing with the real money it makes a huge difference. during real trading Emotions come into play and can significantly affect the trading decisions. Also it seems to the person that he can certainly make more profit in demo account as stress, fear, emotional involvement all affects the trading in live account.

Some people recommend to try cent account after demo. So, you trade with real money, but with really small sums. How do you think, is it a good idea? Are there any requotes and slippage, while trading on cent account?

I think it is, in principle, as long as people treat it as a way to learn and practice with real money, and not as a way to try to get rich.

Sometimes; it depends on the broker.

As for me, Im testing scalping strategy, so slippage is really important for me. But what about traders, who have more long term strategies? Changes in price in some pips doesnt really metter for them, isn`t it?

Requotes are possible when broker uses instant execution method and slippages are usual, if there is market execution. Am I right?
What kind of execution is better for scalpers, how do you thing?

The psychological aspect is certain a factor and a large one at that. Apart from that, on a demo account you always trade under the best possible circumstances, while on a live account there’s slippage and requotes which can affect your trading regardless of the type of account you have.

Might because different server between demo and real, sometime I am hear if on real server account as broker they can intervention to disturb transaction like as we often facing requote or slipage etc

I have seen many of us consider demo trading as dull. But for me not that dull at all, actually it is totally different , live account is the real market and many financial things affected the market , and it is different with demo account which is positioned as the “perfect market “ by the broker that we use, so that is why that market is good for newbie who want to trade as the place to learn only and make theirselves more familiar with the platforms.

in order to me , the best way is for someone to get a demo account and then try Forex trading without the benefit of any training or even reading of the basic of Forex trading, this way , you will get confused a lot and therefore , if you get attracted to the trade, you will search the web and find out and learn about the things which are making you confused.

I used demo account for some months and then, when I became profitable on it, I decided to go live and created cent account. And it is abdolutely different feeling! I trade with small money, but feel so excited and sterssed all the time, that sometimes close orders earlier, just because Im stressed too much. Hope, its a metter of time and I`ll become more calm.
But I strongly advise you to try micro account after demo and not risk big ammounts of money.

Yes, I know this feeling. This is what we are talking about here, a psychological aspect of live trading.
Trading on micro account is really good idea, I also use it.

Me too, still use micro account or cent account, as level beginner this kinds account is safe than standart account because value per pips is only one cent, for learning purposes if can increasing money on micro account hence also will possible money will growth

I have gradually moved away from a cent account, but I still too prefert to trade with small sums and not take any excessive risks. I’d rather profit less and lose less than profit a lot and lose a lot.

Demo acc is better to start trading in forex world. You can access all currency and try a profitable method for your trading.

1 Like

I am not interested to compare demo with live Forex trading; because the purpose of demo trading is, learning and upgrading trading skill, but live trading is for real money making! Demo practicing is the best way of learning! Novice traders need to use their demo account so cautiously thus they can handle their real emotions in their live account!

Yes, its all about psychological aspect! I see, maximum novice traders open their demo with huge virtual trading capital, but they start their live trading with a low capital like 100-500$, but they use standard trading lot size as like their demo trading account! I see, novice traders are more aggressive here! Besides, pro traders are defensive, they use money management rules so carefully!

I Agree with the previous answers. Demo account is a very good idea to learn and practice trading with the real market conditions and no risk. However this idea of virtual money turns out to be a big difference between demo and live account. Traders tend to get more emotional and vengeful when it comes to real money. This aspect of emotional management is missing in demo account. I agree opening a micro account after using demo for some time.

1 Like