Alerts from the MT4

How do I set my MT4 15 min chart, to give me sms to my phone, when the 5EA crosses the 10EA - Yea, I know’, it’s a FQA question. But I didn’t find where to get “ybop01’s custom MT4 indicator”. Can anyone Help?
Thanks, Dafna.

Check this out
Indicators with alert/signal - Forex Trading

and this:
FF MetaTrader 4 Tutorials

Thank You Rwcjunglist. But I’m looking for something that will send me sms to my mobile, and I don’t know how to rewrite it.
Thanks alot,
Dafna.

You set up the email from the “Tools” “Options” “Email” tab. You need to know your phone email address, each carrier is different. You also need an email with a SMTP server for sending out messages.

Hi Dafna,

You need to set the cowabunga indicator (attached - I got it somewhere on the website but I don’t remember where) to send email alerts. That is just a parameter in the ea. Then you need to set up you MT to send email. Then you need to send the email to the phone service sms gateway which translates the email to sms.

Dear gailellis,
Thank-You very much for helping. The code looks great.
Where shell I put the files? Do I have to compile them (or the extension .ex4 is the compiled version)?
Do I need both or I have to choose one of them (I mean cowabunda2 or cowabunda-any pair)?
Did you install it in your matatrader?
Thanks, Dafna.

Hi Dafna,

I just put them all here:
C:\Program Files\MetaTrader 4\experts\indicators

They seem to work without compiling. I think Cowabunga two only works on the cable and the any-pair seems to work on any pair.

I didn’t write the code - I just got them on this site somewhere, but it was easier to repost them than find the original link.

Do you have any idea who can help me move emails to sms to my phone? Is it the email supplier or the selolar supplier (Orange)?
I copied and set all needed as gillellis wrote me,
I didn’t secceed yet, in producing alerts to my email but I hope it’s only because the MT was not working while the alert was produced.
Dafna.

Hi Dafna,

First you have to set up your MT to send email (Tools->Options->Email)and verify that it does it.

There is also a company called AlertFx that sends emails and sms whenever the indicators you choose trigger, if you can’t get the MT to work. I don’t use it but I guess the advantage would be that you computer would not have to be on.

Hi Dafna,

I keep trying to help you by sending you a link that will explain to you how to translate your emails to sms and somebody keeps removing it.
Just google
"Send Email To Phone"
and you will find it.

I know this is old string but I cam across it for anyone wondering the same thing…

After you set your MT4 to send emails on alerts go into your email and forward the email to your phone.

Personally I like to use gmail and I set up a seperate account for my alerts so all my email don’t go to my phone, however Gmail will let you filter what emails get forwarded

Just look at the list below if your in the states your carrier should be on the list otherwise I would just google your carrier and email to sms

Its a very simple process for any starting out wanting alerts to their phone (especially the IPHONE if its still locked)

Also if you dont want SMS but want email straight to your phone check out google sync but thats for a complete different post.
[B]
CARRIER LIST[/B]
Alltel
[10-digit phone number]@message.alltel.com
Example: <[email protected]>

AT&T (formerly Cingular)
[10-digit phone number]@txt.att.net

For multimedia messages, use [10-digit-number]@mms.att.net

Boost Mobile
[10-digit phone number]@myboostmobile.com

Cricket Wireless
[10-digit phone number]@sms.mycricket.com

For multimedia messages: [10-digit phone number]@mms.mycricket.com

Nextel (now part of Sprint Nextel)
[10-digit telephone number]@messaging.nextel.com

Sprint (now Sprint Nextel)
[10-digit phone number]@messaging.sprintpcs.com

T-Mobile
[10-digit phone number]@tmomail.net

Verizon
[10-digit phone number]@vtext.com

Virgin Mobile USA
[10-digit phone number]@vmobl.com

Other U.S. and Canadian carriers:

Bell Canada: [10-digit-phone-number]@txt.bellmobility.ca

Centennial Wireless: [10-digit-phone-number]@cwemail.com

Cellular South: [10-digit-phone-number]@csouth1.com

Cincinnati Bell: [10-digit-phone-number]@gocbw.com

Metro PCS: [10-digit-phone-number]@mymetropcs.com or [10-digit-phone-number]@metropcs.sms.us

Qwest: [10-digit-phone-number]@qwestmp.com

Rogers: [10-digit-phone-number]@pcs.rogers.com

Suncom: [10-digit-phone-number]@tms.suncom.com

Telus: [10-digit-phone-number]@msg.telus.com

U.S. Cellular: [10-digit-phone-number]@email.uscc.net

hi daphne try alertfx.com they have great service,first 20 alerts are free,price is 0.10ct per sms.It is the best and fasrest way to get sms,i tried everything but i use aletr fx now and they have good service too.On the site go to settings if you need to know about their price.hope this helps you

kevio