How many here really know forex?

I’ve been a babypips student and forum follower for several months now. Ive seen alot of good discussions arise on this forum. There are many good contributors on this site that help out alot in providing information that cant be found in the book. But more often than not it seems like theres alot of noobs ie less than junior members giving critical advice. It seems like their just rehashing information line by line out of the babypips school, or giving their own personal opinion, I may not be a forex expert but alot of these so called responses seem like rubbish ! So my question is … Whats up with that ?:confused:

I guess no one wants to admit to not knowing LOL:D

its a public forum… whadya expect? I agree with you it sucks, but what can you do about it?

I mean dont get me wrong, Im not complaining or anything I think babypips and this forum is greatest resource available to forex beginners, it just kinda bothers me that some think they can give advice to those wondering how to handle their money, the pros that have dealt with my questions have been stellar, but some people think they can shout off whatever they think. Anyways just wondering what other people thought.

If you ask me, common sense would dictate for me what advice to take or not. A few weeks back I was talking to someone and they were telling me how it would be of benefit to put up to 80% of my bankroll into trades that I knew were strong. That is just absurdity and I told him so.

However, with so much information out there, I would never discount any one person’s thoughts or advice on forex as they might have knowledge I might not know about. Even the noob might have read a book, or picked up some idea that I never knew about and grew from.

Keep in mind, to my knowledge, none of the experts here are out creating their own indicators. They use what’s already been in existance for decades to develop their own unique trading systems that suit their own style.

at the end of each month/each year, if you have made money on a consistant bases, then yes you know something about forex, but there is knowone that knows it all, I may be just a junior member but i have been trading for many years, i do make money every month, infact i have my own forex hedge fund that does very well.

I just i am getting at two points here, 1. there are people that do know something about this market, and 2. just because someone is a junior member doesn’t mean there a newbie.

abner

Well thats not what I said though. I agree that even some neophyte traders and noobs have invaluable information to share with the rest of us also, I was just simply trying to convey the point that some people on the forum (that I have noticed) seem to rehash old information or give opinions that seem to be founded on too little experience. Kinda like a 5 year who plays racing games on xbox, and then coaches me how to drive my new porsche. I was wondering if anyone you have noticed these things also ?

Yea they rehash the same info… but then again, how many people come here and ask a question that has been already answered 10x’s over? A LOT.

9 out of ever 10 threads in the newbie section are questions to topics already beat to death. If you want to avoid this I would recommend looking outside of the newbie section.

Cheers!

Yeah I have noticed …but is it hurting me…no I don’t think so.I am a newbie myself.People that have went through babypips school and have a half a brain with a little common sense have nothing to worry about.The people who want it all handed to them on a silverplatter and try to find a shortcut to this ever expanding knowledge of forex,will get what they put in…You can’t be a doctor overnight,Same goes with trading,you have to put your time in.

I’ve been a babypips student and forum follower for several months now. Ive seen alot of good discussions arise on this forum. There are many good contributors on this site that help out alot in providing information that cant be found in the book. But more often than not it seems like theres alot of noobs ie less than junior members giving critical advice. It seems like their just rehashing information line by line out of the babypips school, or giving their own personal opinion, I may not be a forex expert but alot of these so called responses seem like rubbish ! So my question is … Whats up with that ?

On public forums that is all any response is, a matter of opinion.

Anybody with an ounce of brain can see whether a contributer’s
opinion is valid or not, or can they?

Public forums are a minefield for various stealth tactics, the idiot
who just needs to say something, the idiot who just wants an
argument, the spammer, the more advanced member who attempts
to use the forums for self gain et al.

When using public forums a user needs to vet responses to eliminate
the detritus which pervades the forums.

As my signature states:-

All my posts should include the disclaimer IMO (In My Opinion)
that is all they ever are, just one opinion in the forest of other
opinions.

I do not care if other traders like or dislike my opinions, personally
I do okay, this is just an aside while trading, to pass away the time
until the next trade comes along.

In fact using a public forum is an art in itself.