Mentor

Hi All,

Am done with the pipsology school few hours back … It talked about an option of paying someone in the market for mentorship … will get benefit of reduced learning curve … Any idea where/how to find the best training institute … EVERY SCHOOL I FOUND PROMISING like forextradingseminardotcom…wininvesting…greg secker s knowledge to action … fx professional net … too many choices … how do i go about it … am looking at finding someone who can teach me one at a time … i dont want to learn 100 strategies … wanna learn something which imore reliable … help desparately needed ??

Also … Any idea how o go about finding the pros and cons of a ’ protected account ’ … i heard about it only today … it says that it can be like a bridge between demo and live account … and newbies can take the profits leaving the losses to the brokers … not sure how far this helps newbies … :confused:

You won�t uncover any mentor worth their salt advertizing on public bulletin boards. That�s not to say they don�t frequent them, just that you won�t gain access to them via this route.

I know of only 2 ex-colleagues now (+20yr Bank-Institutional players) who still offer 1 on 1 tutorship/small educational groups, & they�ve both got 2-4 yr waiting lists.

Those folks will only take on students via word of mouth & most definitely after a very rigerous selection-weeding out process.

You can certainly obtain a generic & loose introduction into market awareness & trade construction etc thru a well recommended facility, but that�s about all you can expect to receive.

Be prepared to fork out in excess of $3-4k for the priviledge too, providing you unearth a gem!

Privately, via a genuine market player/mentor: you�re looking at $10k minimum, & most definitely a % of your trading profits into the mix for ongoing tuition fee�s.

Thank you Jimmy for your thoughts … Am looking at the testimonials of students on their websites … the cost ranges from 250 pounds to 2000 pounds on the ones that i found out … and they claim of a simple and reliable trading systems … they have a forum for students who share their results/ideas … … these ’ LOOK ’ convincing for me:rolleyes: … Not quite sure how do i pick the best course … My objective is to concentrate on ONE BEST RELIABLE trading plan that has a high probabililty of winning for a couple of months initially …rather than learning all the indicators, charts, analyses … am looking for a resource which throws up a challenge for all those who talk about the ‘holy grail’ … and even AWARD/DECLARE the best plan … Any thoughts ?

I’m afraid I can’t recommend anything out there in the public domain at all.

The (industry) folks I regularly speak to, & the casual conversations I’ve happened across over the years, have confirmed that 99.9% of what’s constantly advertized out there is absolute garbage.

It’s not really a case of latching onto a specific system or method/strategy & implementing it. Hell, any fool can pick up a simple, price action based strategy & run with it.

The real work is in the psychological framework & the way in which you approach your business.

Most non-industry trained folks rarely tackle this business from the correct angle. They’re too busy & intent on earning a fast buck to bother about preparing themselves adequately for what [B]really[/B] awaits them out there.

Which is why the vast majority never amount to anything.

Psychology rules this roost buddy boy. Begin to get a handle on that magic little number & you’re laying down a sensible foundation.

You’re asking the correct questions (mentor/tutorledge etc), you’re just not asking them in the right place :wink:

Cast your net farther afield. Use your head & work out where the big cats would likely go to feed :slight_smile:

Got your point Jimmy … I will go onto the place where big cats go … But will get my foundations right first … and also thanks for ur note on right place and alternate places to ask/participate … See u there in a few weeks time …cheers :slight_smile: