First post, couple noob questions

Hey all, its great to be here. I have a live account. I have lost good part of my initial deposit but now that i have completed babypips school pips are building back up.

Here are some questions:

(1) For manual backtesting in metatrader 4: Lets say for example i am backtesting a strategy that trades on the 15m or 30m charts. When i switch to the 4h chart to confirm the trend and then switch back to smaller time frame chart it looses my place. I have turned off chart autoscroll but it keeps hopping around. Is there a way to bookmark the current position???

(2) Has anyone ever set up an LLC or corporation or other strategy for their personal trading??? Would be interested to know about this for tax purposes of coarse. I could even buy a trading computer with ups equipment and write it off.

TIA, peej

Hey all, its great to be here. I have a live account. I have lost good part of my initial deposit but now that i have completed babypips school pips are building back up.

Here are some questions:

(1) For manual backtesting in metatrader 4: Lets say for example i am backtesting a strategy that trades on the 15m or 30m charts. When i switch to the 4h chart to confirm the trend and then switch back to smaller time frame chart it looses my place. I have turned off chart autoscroll but it keeps hopping around. Is there a way to bookmark the current position???

Last time this question was asked I think the answer was no
there is no way of keeping the charts in the same place. I just mark my
place with a vertical trend line. This also has the added bonus of showing where you are on all the other timeframes.

Hope this helps, as to question 2 I have no idea, just try to search on
the forum under LLC or corporation or tax.

You can open multiple charts simultaneously on one pair, and on each chart set the desired timeframe.